Author Topic: HomeOwner's Guide  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • Force: 65
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile
HomeOwner's Guide
« on: 19-12-16, 14:43:23 »
Home Owner's Manual

Let's go over a brief overview of what you're about to dive in to.

In SWG, one of the most basic concepts has always been player housing and cities. It's one of many features of this game that made is so unique, and feel like your very own universe in so many ways. Unfortunately, not many people know the many extra features player housing has to offer. Decorating being one of them, as many people will place a house down just so they can throw their junk-loot in them. While that's perfectly fine and good, here are some ways that you can make even the junkiest of lootiest homes look like, and feel like, your humble abode.

Table of Contents
The Basics of Home Ownership
Shop Basics
Pitch and Roll Collections
« Last Edit: 20-01-17, 18:49:15 by Decilation »

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile
Re: HomeOwner's Guide
« Reply #1 on: 19-12-16, 14:43:52 »
The Basics of Home Ownership

So first, let's go over what this strange little "Structure Management Terminal" is for.

If you hover over this and press the "~" key in-game, a menu shows up with 3 options.
"Examine", "Structure Management", and "Structure Permissions". These three options, and especially #2, may seem intimidating upon first glance! But never fear, they're actually quite simple!

"Examine" just shows you what the terminal looks like. Nothing fancy, I promise.

The second menu, on the other hand, does look intimidating, even to me! This massive menu pops up upon hovering...

!

Let's go over each individual menu item.

Fairly self-explanatory, but nevertheless. Pressing this option will destroy the structure you select it in. If your maintenance pool is paid off, however, you will merely "Re-deed" the structure. In order to do this, your structure should be emptied out of all items. Using this option will also open up how ever many lots the structure was taking up.

Status displays the, well, status of your structure with a window that looks like this.

Using this is very important, and you should always remember to check up on how many credits are in your Maintenance Pool as seen above by pressing either this button, or the Status button. You may deposit 100,000 credits at a time. If your maintenance pool depletes, the structure will automatically start deducting credits from your Bank account. If thatdepletes, the structure will start taking "Damage" in it's condition, and should it reach 0, it will be destroyed. (Depending on patch)

This is where the fun begins. You may set your house's name to anything that you'd like it to be! So long as it is appropriate, of course. :)

Setting the name of your structure can be one of your business's turning points as a Trader, because a better looking sign means the wandering traveler will more likely want to visit your shop than if it has a plain old "Billy's House" sign on it. Where this gets interesting, however, is that you can assign your structure's name with colors....

The first step in this is to select the "Set Name" option. A screen will pop up, and you'll start typing in "John's Trade Shop" - Right then, John, let's make that fancy!

Put " \#" in front of that, and behind the \# bit, put in your hexi-decimal color coding!

Alright, let's move on to---

"Now hold on a minute, Deci," you might be yelling at me, "A Hexi-Whatimal?!"

Right. So I'm not going to go through and explain the entire system about Hexidecimals, as it takes an entire guide's worth of information to do so... but I will give you a few basic colors to look at (If you didn't click that link for more info. Or you did, but don't want to read it all. That's fine, too) (For users that don't wish to venture off-site for another guide, click here

Quote from: colors
Red - FF0000
Green - 00FF00
Blue - 0000FF
Purple - FF00FF
Yellow - FFFF00
FFFFFF - Bright WHITE
AAAAAA - LIGHT GRAY
999999 - GRAY
555555 - DARK GRAY
000000 - BLACK
8B4500 - BROWN
EE7600 - ORANGE

So in the end, for a Purple sign, you'd want to put "\#FF00FF\John's Trade Shop" ;)

Need more colors in your life? Click here!

Right then, moving on.

Selecting this option will prompt you with these two pop-up dialogues.

What this means is, the layout that you have your house set up with now will go into your Datapad as what you name it here. You will then be able to place the house later on in a different location (Time to move?) the way it is now. This is very convenient for those of us that actually decorate our houses to be our little humble abodes in a galaxy far, far away.

Selecting this option will make your character label this structure as "Home" -- and you will become a Citizen of whichever city you've placed this house in. It will also show up on your character sheet!

Selecting the "Privacy" button and setting it to Private will disallow anyone not on the entry or admin lists from entering your home, making it more of a safe-haven.

Selecting the Public option means that anyone can enter/leave your home at any point in time.

Selecting this option will bring you to an entirely new screen regarding what kind of vendor you'd like to create. There are a bunch of different choices, but we will go over this later.

Is your shop the shop every other shop envies? Do other traders come to your shop to steal your ideas, secrets, and slaves? Then this is the option for you. Make them pay, literally! You may set an amount of credits that is required to be paid in order to enter your home. Players will be prompted whether or not they would like to pay before given access to the property.

This option lists all items within your home.

Same basic concept, but you can search for the items in question instead.

This one's neat, as it will basically drag the first closest item to you and allow you to pick it up. It allows for the recovery of items lost behind walls etc.

Unless you're just done with everything in this house, I would recommend avoiding this option at all costs. If you can sort through the items in your house one by one to lower it's capacity, that's more recommended than merely just deleting all of the items at once. But that's just me, this option does have it's benefits, though.

This option allows you to change the sign outside on your house. Also helpful when using colored names, as it gives your house a very unique look.

That's it! Those are the options behind Structure Management. Not so intimidating after all, eh?

Now let's move on to the smaller, less intimidating menu. Structure Permissions.

The administrator List allows you to add or remove players from the Admin permissions of your home. Administrators can drop, move, or pick up furniture as well as edit properties on your home, so be very picky about who you allow to be an Administrator.

The Entry List is simply a list of people that can enter your home when you set the privacy to "Private", aka lock down the shop.

The Ban List is where you place your mortal enemy, or immortal if you roll that way; dis-allowing them from entering your structure even when it is public.
« Last Edit: 19-12-16, 15:49:07 by Decilation »

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19-12-16, 14:44:17 »
Shop Basics

In this section, we will cover the Basics of Shopkeeping. What this means is, I will go over what each vendor looks like, naming them, and the do's and don'ts of them. If anyone has anything to add to this part of the guide, as rarely did I actually run a shop, please feel free to PM me and I will look it over and add it, your name being given as credit.

Moving forward.

Remember the vendors option in Structure Management? Go back to that and click it!

You will see a screen that looks like this.

I'm going to start off with the Terminals.

Bulky.

Standard.

Small.

Fancy.

Slim.

Droid

Bartender Droid

Power Droid

The Treadwell Droid

Surgical Droid

Protocol Droid

NPCs and *Special Vendors

There were too many for me to do individual screenshots of, so here's the list.

Now, keep in mind that this isn't all you're limited to! Through TCG and Veteran Rewards etc you are able to access many more options. These are just the default options for a CL90 Trader.

That being said, here are some generic do's and don'ts of shopkeeping.

Do's :
Make sure your vendors are always stocked! Your customerbase will only grow the more stock you have, as I remember one key thing that kept shopkeepers in business was that players were able to say things like,

Quote from: Player 1
Oh, nice Swoop! Where'd you get it?
Quote from: Player 2
Thanks! I got it from John's shop! I'll mail you the waypoint!

So ensure your stock is always high!

Ensure your customerbase is always happy with the quality of your products. Don't sell things because "Some noob will want it," unless it's on a "Junk" like vendor. Some people will buy it - but don't let them buy it thinking it's the most fantasticest creation ever! They'll find out eventually, and you'll lose that customer.

I'm sure there are more, but I don't want to spend way too much time on basic tips. PM me with more!
« Last Edit: 19-12-16, 16:15:29 by Decilation »

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19-12-16, 14:44:36 »
Pitch and Roll Collections

Everyone that's been to a shop with things rotated in askew ways has always thought to themselves, "Wow, that looks really cool!"

I'm here to tell you that you can have this, too.

Here are the waypoints for Force Shui - Pitch

Quote from: Force Shui - Pitch
/way rori -5050 -2272 Force Shui - Pitch #1
/way tatooine -1141 -3605 Force Shui - Pitch #2
/way endor -866 1558 Force Shui - Pitch #3
/way dathomir -45 -1616 Force Shui - Pitch #4
/way corellia -5514 -2690 Force Shui - Pitch #5

Here are the waypoints for Force Shui - Roll
Quote from: Force Shui - Roll
/way talus 4324 5185 Force Shui - Roll #1
/way naboo -5513 -45 Force Shui - Roll #2
/way yavin4 -6880 -5660 Force Shui - Roll #3
/way dantooine 1593 -6361 Force Shui - Roll #4
/way lok 529 5088 Force Shui - Roll #5

These are extremely helpful tools for everyone to have, because they allow you to make custom designs! I've seen some amazing chandeliers, intricate wall designs, and so much more using these two collection-obtained commands. They work exactly like Yaw.

/rotate roll 50
/rotate pitch 50

So get out there and get your hands on Pitch and Roll!
« Last Edit: 19-12-16, 16:26:15 by Decilation »

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19-12-16, 15:02:01 »
Storage post

Red - FF0000
Green - 00FF00
Blue - 0000FF
Purple - FF00FF
Yellow - FFFF00
FFFFFF - Bright WHITE
AAAAAA - LIGHT GRAY
999999 - GRAY
555555 - DARK GRAY
000000 - BLACK
8B4500 - BROWN
EE7600 - ORANGE
 \#xxxxxx

Offline Kriegmacher

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19-12-16, 21:50:18 »
I swear, I don't remember ever having to hit the tilde key to interact with a structure terminal on live.  And I spent most of my time decorating.  Was that a late-era change to the game?  I played NGE as late as 2010, so I'm just not sure why my memory has failed me in that regard.

Offline Brittnie

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20-12-16, 00:01:39 »
Deci, I just love your guides. Spot on sir!

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20-12-16, 05:23:09 »
I swear, I don't remember ever having to hit the tilde key to interact with a structure terminal on live.  And I spent most of my time decorating.  Was that a late-era change to the game?  I played NGE as late as 2010, so I'm just not sure why my memory has failed me in that regard.

I'm not at all sure, actually. I know that's how it is, here, though. I remember having to tilda the terminals, though, but I also rarely used it, honestly. I'm just glad we're able to rotate things with /rotate yaw x instead of using tilda and selecting the option itself until it's where we want it. Lol.

Deci, I just love your guides. Spot on sir!

Aw, ty! :) I plan on making many more in the future, as well. I try to do as much research as absolutely possible so that what I post is factual rather than opinionated to "lol don't clik that" etc. :)

Offline McGray

• Contributor
  • Force: 3
    • View Profile
    • Old SWG McGray Guild Site
« Reply #8 on: 26-12-16, 04:07:17 »
Thanks for the Guide

McGray Industries
"Engineering Everything"

Offline JuniorJedi

• Community Member