Author Topic: Interest Check: Mos Vanta  (Read 1964 times)

Offline ryan404000

• Sr. Community Member
  • Force: 1
    • View Profile
Interest Check: Mos Vanta
« on: 20-07-16, 04:15:05 »
"Who said Eisley was the only hive of scum and villainy on Tatooine?"
- An unknown spacer

Hello all, my name is Ryan, or Ryan404000 whichever you want to call me! I started my RPing experience back about 8 years ago when I was about 13 or so on the Starsider server back when Galaxies was live. Eventually I moved back to my first MMO, World of Warcraft, and have been consistently RPing and improving my skills on there, leading guilds and events that have involved dozens of people and taken our members on fantastic stories. The purpose of this post is to begin gathering interest for a small town in the deserts of Tatooine, Mos Vanta.

Backstory
Mos Vanta was established around 85 BBY when the crew of the "Drunken Dancer", a pirate ship, began setting up prefab shelters and refueling stations in a small valley located in the depths of the Tatooine desert. It was from here the thirty odd crew commenced their piracy operations in the nearby systems and by 82 BBY five more ships began setting up their own shelters and refueling stations at this small point. Unfortunately these were all temporary and the valley would go uninhabited for weeks while the now six vessels were raiding and plundering ships. Every so often these ships would return, and bring with them slaves, loot and more importantly fuel to keep their engines running. It wouldn't be until 79 BBY when the crew of the Dancer settled down permanently in this valley, leading operations at their base and setting up more efficient shelters. From here they led operations and maintained the growing population of slaves that the other pirates brought in, who would later be sold off to other criminals around the planet. It wasn't until 50 BBY when non-pirates joined the settlement, that in the decades since 85 BBY had grown to include a few dozen ships in this pirate fleet. These new arrivals though were no strangers to danger, most of the arrivals who settled down in this growing town were criminals, on the run or escaped. In the decades that followed, the population of the town grew as more people arrived to inhabit it, from criminals and pirates to refuges from conflicts, including the Clone Wars. The end of the Clone Wars even brought this town to fame in the Underground, as the captain of the Drunken Dancer, Jaster Sa'nata, and 'mayor' of Mos Vanta used the town to help political refugees and deserters from the GAR escape the gaze of the newly formed Empire.

With the rise of the Empire, Tatooine was garrisoned by the Empire and soon Imperial patrols became common in the town. Luckily corruption is rife within the fringes of the Empire and thanks to the fortune made by the fleet of pirates, that have mostly settled down in Mos Vanta, paying off the garrison commander is an easy task to ensure the Empire allows them to continue operating as they have for decades.

But now, you, the spacer maybe long from home, must decide, do you wish to settle down in this pirate town or only stop by to make use of the watering hole, the Dancing Drunk? Maybe you wish to lay low for a few days to avoid the Imperials, or maybe you yourself are looking to bring law, order and stability to this criminal haven.

What is Mos Vanta?
Mos Vanta is my idea for a small roleplaying hub on Tatooine. It will be a hive of scum and criminal folk, with Jaster Sefo, pirate extraordinaire, running the place as he has for decades. But I don't want to close off this place for Imperials, if you're off duty you're more than free to come on down! And my long term plan is to have, in the beginning, an NPC Imperial garrison that I would love to eventually give to a player and his own guild to run. i want to have this mix of being open to all, even rebels who want to brag about it, but still have it be dangerous for all, whether it be Imperials entering a town that hates them, or a rebel bragging who suddenly is sold out by the other Cantina patrons. My idea for this city is to help build RP on the server and to give people a place to go.

When will this start?
The city is already up and is about 2km north of Bestine if you want to check it out, unfortunately Storyteller props won't be started on it until after I get back. As life would have it, I am leaving for about a month in two days or so, and so the point of this entire thread is to start building interest on this idea so that when we have a live server, whenever it will come, we all as a community can begin building an RP scene that is fresh, and exciting.

If you have any questions, please ask away and I will do my best to answer. I am also sorry if this post is not terrifically worded or filled with useful information as this is just an idea I've had for a while now and wanted to get to paper and show to this new community so I can get your input and we can begin building something long lasting for Stella Bellum.

Important Resources:
StellaBellum RP Discord! - https://discord.gg/5ug2DsN
Coordinates - (Soon)

Contacts
Tsir/Jastor/Kamis - Me, city mayor and chief administrator of the project
Baldrige and Moffwibbles - Heads of the Army and Navy of the local Imperial garrison
« Last Edit: 10-01-17, 11:53:52 by ryan404000 »

Offline Alay

• TK-466
  • Beta Tester
  • Force: 3
  • You miss 100% of the shots you take. Noob.
    • View Profile
Re: Interest Check: Mos Vanta
« Reply #1 on: 13-08-16, 01:19:27 »
Down to letting me set up an Imperial HQ/lead anyone else that wants to play along?  Promise I ain't a shit Imperial RPer :P

Offline ceman

• Community Veteran
  • Force: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19-09-16, 18:06:28 »
"Who said Eisley was the only hive of scum and villainy on Tatooine?"
- An unknown spacer

Hello all, my name is Ryan, or Ryan404000 whichever you want to call me! I started my RPing experience back about 8 years ago when I was about 13 or so on the Starsider server back when Galaxies was live. Eventually I moved back to my first MMO, World of Warcraft, and have been consistently RPing and improving my skills on there, leading guilds and events that have involved dozens of people and taken our members on fantastic stories. The purpose of this post is to begin gathering interest for a small town in the deserts of Tatooine, Mos Vanta.

Backstory
Mos Vanta was established around 85 BBY when the crew of the "Drunken Dancer", a pirate ship, began setting up prefab shelters and refueling stations in a small valley located in the depths of the Tatooine desert. It was from here the thirty odd crew commenced their piracy operations in the nearby systems and by 82 BBY five more ships began setting up their own shelters and refueling stations at this small point. Unfortunately these were all temporary and the valley would go uninhabited for weeks while the now six vessels were raiding and plundering ships. Every so often these ships would return, and bring with them slaves, loot and more importantly fuel to keep their engines running. It wouldn't be until 79 BBY when the crew of the Dancer settled down permanently in this valley, leading operations at their base and setting up more efficient shelters. From here they led operations and maintained the growing population of slaves that the other pirates brought in, who would later be sold off to other criminals around the planet. It wasn't until 50 BBY when non-pirates joined the settlement, that in the decades since 85 BBY had grown to include a few dozen ships in this pirate fleet. These new arrivals though were no strangers to danger, most of the arrivals who settled down in this growing town were criminals, on the run or escaped. In the decades that followed, the population of the town grew as more people arrived to inhabit it, from criminals and pirates to refuges from conflicts, including the Clone Wars. The end of the Clone Wars even brought this town to fame in the Underground, as the captain of the Drunken Dancer, Jaster Sefo, and 'mayor' of Mos Vanta used the town to help political refugees and deserters from the GAR escape the gaze of the newly formed Empire.

With the rise of the Empire, Tatooine was garrisoned by the Empire and soon Imperial patrols became common in the town. Luckily corruption is rife within the fringes of the Empire and thanks to the fortune made by the fleet of pirates, that have mostly settled down in Mos Vanta, paying off the garrison commander is an easy task to ensure the Empire allows them to continue operating as they have for decades.

But now, you, the spacer maybe long from home, must decide, do you wish to settle down in this pirate town or only stop by to make use of the watering hole, the Dancing Drunk? Maybe you wish to lay low for a few days to avoid the Imperials, or maybe you yourself are looking to bring law, order and stability to this criminal haven.

What is Mos Vanta?
Mos Vanta is my idea for a small roleplaying hub on Tatooine. It will be a hive of scum and criminal folk, with Jaster Sefo, pirate extraordinaire, running the place as he has for decades. But I don't want to close off this place for Imperials, if you're off duty you're more than free to come on down! And my long term plan is to have, in the beginning, an NPC Imperial garrison that I would love to eventually give to a player and his own guild to run. i want to have this mix of being open to all, even rebels who want to brag about it, but still have it be dangerous for all, whether it be Imperials entering a town that hates them, or a rebel bragging who suddenly is sold out by the other Cantina patrons. My idea for this city is to help build RP on the server and to give people a place to go.

When will this start?
The city is already up and is about 2km north of Bestine if you want to check it out, unfortunately Storyteller props won't be started on it until after I get back. As life would have it, I am leaving for about a month in two days or so, and so the point of this entire thread is to start building interest on this idea so that when we have a live server, whenever it will come, we all as a community can begin building an RP scene that is fresh, and exciting.

If you have any questions, please ask away and I will do my best to answer. I am also sorry if this post is not terrifically worded or filled with useful information as this is just an idea I've had for a while now and wanted to get to paper and show to this new community so I can get your input and we can begin building something long lasting for Stella Bellum.

Down to letting me set up an Imperial HQ/lead anyone else that wants to play along?  Promise I ain't a shit Imperial RPer :P
bumped. interest piqued. will check it out. pm me if there's any zoning issues for my housing i need know about :)

Offline charlieman

• Community Member
  • Force: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23-09-16, 16:55:00 »
I'd be interested.

Offline ryan404000

• Sr. Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25-09-16, 23:08:00 »
Hi all, I've been super busy lately but I'm still interested in getting this going. Y'all should PM me if interested and we can start talking specifics, getting people who will be interested in getting stuff up for this, etc etc.

Offline dixee66

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30-09-16, 19:04:34 »
Hey I tried looking for Mos Vantos around the area of 2km north of Bestine and I cant seem to find it. Could you give us a waypoint please?
"Don't follow me...I'm lost too!"

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • Force: 64
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12-12-16, 20:07:55 »
<Bump>

This is actually something I'd also be interested in helping with... I love the sound of it!

Offline ZeroAlex

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13-12-16, 08:00:16 »
Is this something that'll be revived on the live server? If so I'd love to help.

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13-12-16, 15:08:51 »
If nothing else I might just go ahead and get it started!

Offline musketbawlz

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14-12-16, 00:55:31 »
If something like this were to exist i'd definitely wanna hang out there on my RP guys. Sounds great

Offline Krant

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 17-12-16, 15:03:45 »
Im definitely interested.

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 17-12-16, 19:55:40 »
We may end up having to be the ones to set this up in OP's name, as he's been inactive for some time...

Offline Krant

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17-12-16, 20:23:19 »
I have no problem with that. I have plenty of free time. If anything, just so we're not taking OP's baby, we could make an alternative city.

Offline ZeroAlex

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18-12-16, 07:51:42 »
I'm okay with either but I'd err on the side of caution and make something with a different name in a different place on the live server if OP doesn't show up in time.

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18-12-16, 14:41:16 »
I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens with OP. :)

Offline ryan404000

• Sr. Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 31-12-16, 06:18:54 »
Hey all! I'm still alive, what a busy (and shitty) year it has been! I am interested in reviving this project and have been in touch with a guy named Kap who sent me a message. We've started passing around ideas and I've now joined him in his Discord he's created for Stella Bellum RP so that we can centralize it and have a way to keep in touch and organize. If ya want the invite for that, do feel free to message me and I believe Mos Vanta will be happening in some form when the server goes live in (hopefully) a few days time!

Cheers
Ryan

Edit: I've also always been lurking but considering time and everything, just haven't really posted since I made this back in August and had no idea up until like, last week, that the server was really close to going live, so sorry about the perceived inactivity on my part!
« Last Edit: 31-12-16, 06:24:38 by ryan404000 »

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 31-12-16, 17:55:35 »
Welcome back, Ryan!

Well I'm still on board, clearly. Let's make others get here too!

Offline xalcla

• Community Member
  • Force: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02-01-17, 00:04:08 »
I would totally be up for this.  Sounds like the exact kind of place my character would lurk around.

Offline Valravn30

• Community Member
  • Force: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02-01-17, 00:51:54 »
Might be up for adding a little bit of underground Rebel influence, if that fits in. Need to give the resident Imperials something to do.

Offline Mewan

• Contributor
  • Force: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02-01-17, 00:55:01 »
I'm down if wookiee rebel bhs are allowed lol
Originally from Valcyn