Author Topic: 5 Steps for Creating a 100% Legacy-Friendly Auto-Combat Macro  (Read 1992 times)

Offline TeeKay

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 7
    • View Profile

5 Steps for Creating a 100% Legacy-Friendly Auto-Combat Macro

Have you ever wanted to automatically:

a. Attack and loot mobs

b. Prevent yourself from being logged out
c. Invite others to your grind group without being at the keyboard

If so then this guide is for you.

It is not just a simple way of doing the above but it also helps to remove the problems associated with camping spawns that are on legacy spots. I've been there before on legacy where some guy has 3 alts on the spot by the shuttle at Mos Entha and I cannot progress. Lets fix that for everyone. I have written this guide in a way that anyone, with no knowledge of macros, can set up their own afk grind, but also be courteous to others that are in the area.

The 5 steps are as follows. Anything that needs to be copy/pasted is in green :

1. Set Up An Alias For The Invite Command

Copy/Paste or type in the following 1 line of code into the chat bar and hit return. This will create the alias for the invite command.

/alias ll /invite

2. Create The Macro For Auto-Combat And Auto-Invite To Group

This macro fires 4 skills that are placed in Toolbar 1, bottom row from left to right, taking up slots 1 through 4. You may wish to use different strengths of skills depending on your action consumption (i.e. Mark 1,2,3). You can easily modify this macro to use more than 4 skills, simply add in as many iterations of the yellow code as you need. If you only want 4 skills, then take the yellow code out!

You can also use this macro to attack whilst AFK while being part of a group, but NOT be the leader. To do this, simply remove the first 9 lines of code, this will stop inviting people.

The simple mechanics of this macro are : target yourself, then target the nearest mob, then fire a special attack. This is the same for each skill execution, meaning that whenever you are firing a skill, it will always be on the closest mob.

Now:
* Go to Main Menu -> Commands -> Macro -> New Macro
* Call the Macro "AFKCombatWithInvite"
* Choose an icon for the macro, paste the following lines of code into the Macro Text then click OK
* Modify line 8 with the first name of the character you are creating the Macro on. This line is needed to stop spamming others with an invite once they have been already invited

/tar self;
/ui action startChatReply;
/ui action chatCursorHome;
/ui action chatCursorRight;
/ui action chatDelete;
/ui action chatDelete;
/ui action chatEnter;
/tell <YOUR NAME> .;
/pause 0.3;
/tar self;
/pause 0.3;
/ui action cycleTargetOutward;
/pause 0.3;
/ui action toolbarSlot00;
/pause 0.3;
/tar self;
/pause 0.3;
/pause 0.3;
/ui action toolbarSlot01;
/pause 0.3;
/tar self;
/pause 0.3;
/pause 0.3;
/ui action toolbarSlot02;
/pause 0.3;
/tar self;
/pause 0.3;
/pause 0.3;
/ui action toolbarSlot03;
/pause 0.3;
/tar self;
/pause 0.3;
/pause 0.3;
/ui action toolbarSlotNN; <----- CHANGE the "NN" for the corresponding slot on your toolbar where the skill is found
/pause 0.3;
/macro AFKCombatWithInvite;

3. Create Macro To Broadcast You Are AFK And Automatically Inviting To Your Group

This macro shouts every 2 minutes and tells everyone around you that although you are AFK, you have an automatic invite macro running:

* Call the Macro "AFKCombatBroadcast"
* Choose an icon for the macro, paste the following 3 lines of code into the Macro Text then click OK

/shout Hello, I am AFK looting with an AUTO-INVITE macro running. Please send me a tell and you will automatically receive an invite to this group if there is space. Please leave the group when you depart!;
/pause 120;
/macro AFKCombatBroadcast;

4. Create Macro To Beat The AFK Logout

This macro ensures you will not be logged out:

* Call the Macro "AntiAFK"
* Choose an icon for the macro, paste the following 3 lines of code into the Macro Text then click OK

/mood none;
/pause 600;
/macro AntiAFK;

5. Assign The Macros To Your Toolbar

* Drag your 3 macros to the toolbar so they can be easily started.
* To stop all running macros, type /dump into the chat bar, or alternatively you can set up another macro in the same way as above that does the same at the click of a button

IMPORTANT : Make sure you also change the targetting reticule to the blue circle, NOT the red cross. You can toggle this by pressing the Y key.

You can now simply click all 3 macros on the toolbar and walk away from your computer knowing you will come back richer, have more loot, more xp and most importantly receive the appreciation of those in the area.

Do remember to come back and check your bags from time to time!

If the above can be of ANY help to ANYONE then it has served its purpose. If anyone has any questions on the above or has any alterations they would like to see feel free to message me.

Enjoy!

TeeKay

Offline AthioSans

• Contributor
  • Force: 5
    • View Profile
Ah yes, fond memories of setting something like this up to AFK grind Kashyyyk when the grind started to get old...and then often returning to find my toon dead on the trail somewhere, probably cause it over-aggro'd.

Honestly I think I'll just be so happy to be back in game, grind and all, that I wont use this for quite a while, even though the journey to 90 was quite an endeavor for me last time.

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • Force: 65
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile
Ha! I remember this macro very well. This could be useful for alts later on, I reckon. The first couple of combat characters, however, I'm certain I'll just grind up with :) But thank you for posting this, nevertheless!

Back when I last did this we glitched into a tree that made the wookies unable to hit us :P

Offline Kriegmacher

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 11
    • View Profile
As much as I appreciate the info (and I do), I sure wish the ability to play a MMO while afk didn't exist. 

Offline TeeKay

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 7
    • View Profile
As much as I appreciate the info (and I do), I sure wish the ability to play a MMO while afk didn't exist. 

Yes me too - I deliberated a lot about whether to post this guide. To be honest it was aimed at those who camp legacy spawns without having an auto invite running, which shows complete and utter disdain for other players and a lack of respect for those who are trying to play the game.

I too wish there wasn't the need to write this guide, but the SB GMs have better things to do than respond to tickets reporting"cant get past legacy quest x because person x is afk killing the mobs".

This post was not to spark an argument, it was to prevent one.

TeeKay

Offline Kriegmacher

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
I totally understand, and again, the thought is appreciated.

Offline thevoiddragon

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 10
    • View Profile

I can understand it for some situations, but as this is starting over and no one has really done these things for about 5 years (at least for NGE SWG), just using a macro for it right away seems a bit cheap to me. Still, it is part of the game though so it's not like it's bad really.
« Last Edit: 03-12-16, 11:28:35 by thevoiddragon »

Offline CevlaLavie

• Community Member
  • Force: 0
    • View Profile
this game is meant to be played with macros! i will be using them for sure!

Offline Kriegmacher

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile

Thanks for the heads up.

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile

Nearly everyone that I've met uses macros for some purpose or another, so I agree! There are many uses for macros. :)

Offline Kecidek

• Elder
  • Force: 12
  • Guns, cats, and computers
    • View Profile

Nearly everyone that I've met uses macros for some purpose or another, so I agree! There are many uses for macros. :)

The BH snipe macro was pretty much necessary on live. I don't think you need to prone in this publish though

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile

The BH snipe macro was pretty much necessary on live. I don't think you need to prone in this publish though

O. m. g.

I remember when I first started playing as a BH and I didn't know how to use macros yet. I typed out /prone, fired, and then /stand afterwards like a total goof! Always saw people doing it effortlessly and/or flawlessly and wondered how they did it until I figured out macros :P

Offline McGray

• Contributor
  • Force: 3
    • View Profile
    • Old SWG McGray Guild Site
same here, i really like the fact macros are in this game. But did not liked how many spots around most citys where just some player standig afk around =/

McGray Industries
"Engineering Everything"