Author Topic: Which Class are you planning on devoting the most time to? (Live)  (Read 4983 times)

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • Force: 64
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile
Seeing a pretty healthy mix for the Holy Trinity here. Looks like there'll be plenty of available groups to run Heroics with later on in game :)

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
  • Force: 13
    • View Profile
I'm curious how accurate this list will actually be once live hits. Especially for PvP, commando, smuggler, officer, and spy are going to be some of the most played professions just due to their damage and utility. Dark Jedi, specifically, will also be very popular due to the armor penetration they have with Force Lightning and other abilities.

I'm really hoping we have some quality bounty hunters on this server. I always enjoyed killing incredibly skilled bounty hunters on my LSJ. One of my fondest memories of SWG was when I had three bounty hunters ambush me and they still lost. I always come prepared for a fight. :)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

First Daggerfall Emperor of Cyrodiil on Bloodthorn Campaign in ESO (2014):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2juurXQyAtQ

Voted best PvP Light Side Jedi and Melee PvPer on Shadowfire in SWG (2009, 2010)

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile
I'm curious how accurate this list will actually be once live hits. Especially for PvP, commando, smuggler, officer, and spy are going to be some of the most played professions just due to their damage and utility. Dark Jedi, specifically, will also be very popular due to the armor penetration they have with Force Lightning and other abilities.

I'm really hoping we have some quality bounty hunters on this server. I always enjoyed killing incredibly skilled bounty hunters on my LSJ. One of my fondest memories of SWG was when I had three bounty hunters ambush me and they still lost. I always come prepared for a fight. :)

Had some decent ones running amuck on TC before Live hit. Also, DSJ will be popular to others because if you set it up correctly, you're doing damage while taking little. :) Tanky!

Offline hefeweizen

• Community Member
  • Force: 1
    • View Profile
Can anybody recommend a profession I should be looking at if back in pre-CU LIVE I was mainly a hunter (Master Ranger with ranged skills... Rifles mostly, pistols next... )  worked mostly as a support combat type, hunting and providing creature resources to crafters/doctors and had just achieved my Jedi slot when NGE hit and I while I don't recall foaming at the mouth over it (continued to play thru the Kash & Mustafar expansions), the overall game started losing its appeal... which is why I am anxious to see NGE closer to its full glory vs the gimped game they gave us right after Trials of Obi Wan...

From what I am reading, I figure for ranged its pretty much Smuggler, Spy, Officer? or am I missing something?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: 05-01-17, 20:02:58 by hefeweizen »
>
Hefeweizen

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile
Can anybody recommend a profession I should be looking at if back in pre-CU LIVE I was mainly a hunter (Master Ranger with ranged skills... Rifles mostly, pistols next... )  worked mostly as a support combat type, hunting and providing creature resources to crafters/doctors and had just achieved my Jedi slot when NGE hit and I while I don't recall foaming at the mouth over it (continued to play thru the Kash & Mustafar expansions), the overall game started losing its appeal... which is why I am anxious to see NGE closer to its full glory vs the gimped game they gave us right after Trials of Obi Wan...

From what I am reading, I figure for ranged its pretty much Smuggler, Spy, Officer? or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Hey hefe! Your Pre-CU Build makes me think of a Bounty Hunter, honestly. You can use rifles or carbines as a BH effectively.

Offline cyan

• Community Member
  • Force: 0
    • View Profile
Smuggler with Beast mastery, with an Officer or medic :D

Offline veppa

• Community Member
    • View Profile
Well..im gona try to rebuild what i lost at game shut down

Veppa: Master Commando
      Vesspa: Master Officer
      Whiggly: Master Medic Beast Handler
      Tinkles: DE Trader (Was also a elder Jedi Back in the day)
      Julia_Stylies: Epic Armor and Weapon Crafter
      BullHead: Shipwhright

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
    • View Profile
Had some decent ones running amuck on TC before Live hit. Also, DSJ will be popular to others because if you set it up correctly, you're doing damage while taking little. :) Tanky!
That is true. I remember quite a few of my guildies going that path. The only problem with a tanky DSJ is you typically nerf your damage trying to be a hybrid. I do remember how ridiculously powerful Force Drain was... Always thought that ability could use a good nerf. The most deadly DSJ I came across, however, were typically glass canons. DSJ, in general, was an incredibly obnoxious class with how it was designed. Most Jedi will go Dark just because it's easier to play and seems superior, especially in dueling. I won't be seduced by the easy side though! I never was back in the day and I did just fine against DSJ. :)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Voted best PvP Light Side Jedi and Melee PvPer on Shadowfire in SWG (2009, 2010)

Offline verzio

• Community Member
  • Tsdazzzin Neceynic of DoL, Light, EU-Chimaera.
    • View Profile
As a RP-devoted player returning to the best platform for Roleplaying ever, I'll be using a Jedi and a Smuggler for the majority of my gameplay.

Offline verzio

• Community Member
  • Tsdazzzin Neceynic of DoL, Light, EU-Chimaera.
    • View Profile
Good to see a lot of traders planned. Tried it out, confused as hell but learning! (I think)

SWG is where I first learned crafting, so all other mmo's are a disappointment to me. One of my all time favorite quest chains is the one where you unlock making RIS armor. If you are a patient person, SWG's crafting system is very fun and rewarding.

I LOVE your sig. Great movie and Val really played the Doc well.

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
    • View Profile
Honestly, the class I'm looking forward to leveling the least will be my Tailor. Not that harvesting and crafting items isn't loads of fun, but it's going to be getting an RE suit that will be the largest pain in my rear. Once I do have everything I need to make 35 suits again, it will be glorious.

Offline Akask

• Community Veteran
  • Force: 5
  • Never Give Up, Never Surrender!
    • View Profile

Helps explain: "Voted best PvP Light Side Jedi on Shadowfire in SWG (2009, 2010)"

Question is, will you hold the title in Stella Bellum? :P
« Last Edit: 07-01-17, 20:34:48 by akask »

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
    • View Profile
Helps explain: "Voted best PvP Light Side Jedi on Shadowfire in SWG (2009, 2010)"

No bounty hunter on the server being able to kill me was part of it. Overall, I was just the best LSJ on the server for both factions. I was also voted best melee PvPer as well. I probably would have won the award for 2011 also, but the game shut down that year... :( The reason why I got all of those accolades (besides a bunch of players voting for me) is largely because of my unique style and template for LSJ. Most LSJ are decent tanks, but their damage is terrible. I was able to tank as well as generate a lot of damage, which is a deadly combination in PvP. I certainly strive to be the best here as I was on Shadowfire. It's just part of my personality to want to go all the way to the top. :) Going to take forever to get everything I need though, as well as getting an RE suit for my tailor so that I can make 35 suits.

One disadvantage I will have is not having my old PvP guild with me (had the best commando on the server in it as well as many other great players). Perhaps I can convince one or two to try this emulator out. If not, that only gives me more motivation to succeed in my goals and make new friends. One aspect that I thought was great about Shadowfire was the yearly votes for the best players of each class on both factions in the game. I'd probably like to bring that back here for Stella Bellum, as it's a neat thing to have. It wasn't just strictly for PvP either, as we could vote on who the best entertainer was or crafter. It was all for fun.

Offline Akask

• Community Veteran
  • Never Give Up, Never Surrender!
    • View Profile

No bounty hunter on the server being able to kill me was part of it. Overall, I was just the best LSJ on the server for both factions. I was also voted best melee PvPer as well. I probably would have won the award for 2011 also, but the game shut down that year... :( The reason why I got all of those accolades (besides a bunch of players voting for me) is largely because of my unique style and template for LSJ. Most LSJ are decent tanks, but their damage is terrible. I was able to tank as well as generate a lot of damage, which is a deadly combination in PvP. I certainly strive to be the best here as I was on Shadowfire. It's just part of my personality to want to go all the way to the top. :) Going to take forever to get everything I need though, as well as getting an RE suit for my tailor so that I can make 35 suits.

One disadvantage I will have is not having my old PvP guild with me (had the best commando on the server in it as well as many other great players). Perhaps I can convince one or two to try this emulator out. If not, that only gives me more motivation to succeed in my goals and make new friends. One aspect that I thought was great about Shadowfire was the yearly votes for the best players of each class on both factions in the game. I'd probably like to bring that back here for Stella Bellum, as it's a neat thing to have. It wasn't just strictly for PvP either, as we could vote on who the best entertainer was or crafter. It was all for fun.

Back in Bloodfin, the best characters I remember were DSJ or Commando. As for being best melee PvPer I would expect a DSJ to get that title...Your set up must have been (and will be!) pretty unique and well thought out.

I never really liked the part of dealing damage and would rather be the person healing such damage. :P

We'll see what happens after the server is up and running for a while. Who knows what'll happen.

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
    • View Profile
Back in Bloodfin, the best characters I remember were DSJ or Commando. As for being best melee PvPer I would expect a DSJ to get that title...Your set up must have been (and will be!) pretty unique and well thought out.

I never really liked the part of dealing damage and would rather be the person healing such damage. :P

We'll see what happens after the server is up and running for a while. Who knows what'll happen.
DSJ and Commando are definitely going to be the most popular, largely because they are the easiest classes and most overpowered. Truth be told, a DSJ isn't really even a melee class in my eyes, as they don't actually use their lightsabers that much. Most of their abilities and damage come from Force attacks, so they are ironically more of a range class than a melee class. LSJ, on the other hand, solely rely on their lightsabers (as well as defensive abilities) for any kind of damage.

I will say that my setup is definitely unconventional and likely not something any other LSJ will use. It required a lot of theory crafting, testing and the right mixture of buffs and enhancements. In my opinion, part of what makes this MMO so unique is how much you can actually uniquely tailor your character. The possibilities and ways in which you can build your class are almost limitless. Really, you are only limited by your imagination.

I've never been a big fan of DPS-oriented classes either. Tanking has always been my favorite role in MMOs. I just created a setup for PvP in which I can still tank but also deal respectable damage to aid my teammates. :)

Yep. Depending on how things pan out, how large the community is, and how many players stick around will really inform how to best go forward. Community means everything in SWG, so I will definitely do my part to aid and assist in whatever manner I can to help improve the community. What made SWG so great was the people I met, and I'd like to continue that in Stella Bellum.

Offline ikreah

• Community Member
    • View Profile
Honestly, the class I'm looking forward to leveling the least will be my Tailor. Not that harvesting and crafting items isn't loads of fun, but it's going to be getting an RE suit that will be the largest pain in my rear. Once I do have everything I need to make 35 suits again, it will be glorious.

if I recall correctly it was not that a pain to get a good RE suite in this game.. getting the arm was via a quest right? then to make those +35 luck and whatever it was u needed was not that hard or time consuming. I might be wrong though was a few years ago I did all that.

Offline toaofstone

• Community Member
    • View Profile
I have to say Commando, I always wanted to be space Rambo, and also Beastmaster, I wanna ride an Acklay one day... :)

Offline jadesuccubus

• Community Member
  • Star Wars Nerd, Med. Research and Accounting
    • View Profile
Just thought it might be fun to see who wants to play what class when live launches.    Also easier to find people to group with or trade with.  :) 

I voted for Officer and Entertainer; I'm torn between the two 'cause I became interested in SWG-emu after reading about how those two classes could give customized buffs/supply-drops to people and I like doing helpful-y stuff like that, though from what I have seen from artiste for my character on the test server I seem to have left-over points I could potentially dip into beast mastery to help people obtain pets..

was slightly disappointed to see my top 3 were the bottom 3 on the poll though, but eh. More reason to play them I suppose?
« Last Edit: 12-01-17, 03:06:12 by jadesuccubus »
Hiiii!<3

Offline OneWithTheForks

• Community Veteran
  • In my defense, I was left unsupervised.
    • View Profile
I'm fly. I'm Pilot. Definitely want to get my pew-pew on in some sweet, sweet Rebel fighters.  8)

As for ground game, I'm torn between Officer and Commando. Originally planned on going Commando (har) as I think it would fit my play-style better, but I kind of had fun messing around with Officer on the TC. Plus, it would make more sense to me from an RP standpoint. Silly reason, I know....

Later on, I think I might roll an alt toon as a Bounty Hunter. It sounds pretty fun.
[TC Toons]

Gavriel Roake - Squint Pilot, Storm Five, Proud Member of the Empire's Finest  -

Jenniveve K'Barrek - Problem Solver, Problem Starter, Snarky Captain of the Bad Luck Baby -

Offline Lazerius

• Contributor
  • Force: 4
    • View Profile

if I recall correctly it was not that a pain to get a good RE suite in this game.. getting the arm was via a quest right? then to make those +35 luck and whatever it was u needed was not that hard or time consuming. I might be wrong though was a few years ago I did all that.

I expect you'll be eating these words.

On a brand new, completely fresh server, there's no near max Luck/RE Pups/food/etc. already made that you can just run to the vendor for.  You also don't have a friend with a capped RE suit you can borrow.

I expect that most likely you will have to produce multiple RE/Luck suits/Pups just to push the values up closer to cap until you finally get  to 35s for your suit to be capped.  I expect you'll probably have to collect  many/most of the + Luck buffs/items possible in the game (These:  http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Luck ).

At THAT point, you should be able to produce capped/near capped Luck Pups, your suit will be ready to rock and it will become "not a pain" to make 35s.

Of course, you still have to take into account that you will need THOUSANDS of pieces of Junk Loot and a ton of high statted and multistatted gear to then produce those 35's.

As a disclaimer, I have never built an RE suit on a fresh server, so I honestly don't know how difficult it will be.  However I did spend many many MANY hours producing 35s, and even with a capped suit, cranking out 1 suit of 35s using nearly every RE/luck buff available still took a good chunk of time.