Author Topic: Which Class are you planning on devoting the most time to? (Live)  (Read 5362 times)

Offline Rainfire

• Sr. Community Member
  • Force: 3
    • View Profile
Just thought it might be fun to see who wants to play what class when live launches.    Also easier to find people to group with or trade with.  :) 

Offline dalsar

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 18
  • Skyguy, by-and-bye...
    • View Profile
I'm planning on starting with a shipwright/pilot, then probably starting a DE/pilot.  My remaining two characters will probably be a spy and something with beast master... maybe smuggler.  All 6 chars will be pilots, in any case.
Arkos: SW, CorSec Ace | Meeko: DE, Inquisitor Ace | Ibite: LSJ, Vortex Ace
Sowreetam: 'Mando, Storm Sq. Ace | Adit'Ev: Smug / BM, Smug. Alliance Ace
Meho: Medic | Ycats: Ent | Wossa: Spy, Crimson Phoenix Ace | Tusno: Spy, CorSec Trainee
/way -222 2228 "Nova Point Industries Mall", Naboo

Offline Kriegmacher

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 11
    • View Profile
dalsar, I am singing a White Stripes song right now.  I'm here almost exclusively for JTL.

I'm struggling with the decision between starting with a commando, and ANY other combat profession.  It's just so much quicker and safer to throw an AOE grenade attack and one-shot Legacy quest mobs than it is to burn down single targets with high action-cost attacks with every other class, especially with no buffs starting out.  I'm actually on board with commandos up until heavy weapons, at which point Benny Hill music starts playing when they start running around with a BFG and wicked hemorrhoids.  I've tried testing with rifle/grenade builds, but it's nowhere near the damage of heavy weapons.  So it's an unsavory choice between not looking stupid or not being viable.

Right now, I seem to be gravitating towards officer, although I haven't tried an aoe build yet.

Offline dalsar

• Beta Tester
  • Skyguy, by-and-bye...
    • View Profile
dalsar, I am singing a White Stripes song right now.  I'm here almost exclusively for JTL.

Cool dude!! Though, I'm afraid I'm missing the reference, never thought of Seven Nation Army as a particularly JTL-related anthem... which one you playing?
Meho: Medic | Ycats: Ent | Wossa: Spy, Crimson Phoenix Ace | Tusno: Spy, CorSec Trainee

Offline Vroop

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Most likely support Medic, it can be so hard to find a good one so I figure I may as well be one :P

Offline Brittnie

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 9
    • View Profile
I intend to have two traders and one medic starting out. My traders are going to be domestics so I can get my costume house up and running, and structures so I can specialize in furniture and decorating. My medic will be the first combat toon I devote any time to leveling simply because she's most needed for instances and all other combat-related activities. After the first three, I intend to level up a jedi, an officer, and perhaps a smuggler since I've never played one before.

Offline Kriegmacher

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Cool dude!! Though, I'm afraid I'm missing the reference, never thought of Seven Nation Army as a particularly JTL-related anthem... which one you playing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKfD8d3XJok

Offline Isooc

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 31
    • View Profile
Armorsmith

Offline TeeKay

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 7
    • View Profile
Medic, then Officer, then probably Jedi. There seems to be plenty of crafters incoming, those who knew their stuff well on live. I will put my faith in these guys to do all my crafting!

Offline Aslawk

• Sr. Community Member
  • Force: 5
    • View Profile
le je'daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa'i cuz le laitsabre, le force and le roleplai lol and also LIGHTNING.

just kidding im playing lolspai, super ez and troll class. who doesnt want troll class. we all need lolspai cuz stealth pew pew stealth backstab stealth.

Offline Kilroy

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 13
    • View Profile
Medic and Officer

Offline Rainfire

• Sr. Community Member
    • View Profile
Honestly surprised no one is looking at Smuggler.   Entertainer I can understand, but Smuggler is fun.  Well unless you get busted....

Offline Voomac

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 0
    • View Profile
I'm going to start with an ENT get them through the tansirii station and then jedi do the same for that toon and start to work on my traders struct, DE and Domestic. and if we are lucky enough to get 6 per account I think mine will be medic

Offline Kriegmacher

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
After more testing......definitely commando, even if I just use gimped rifles or carbines.

Offline dalsar

• Beta Tester
  • Skyguy, by-and-bye...
    • View Profile
I'm betting people would be looking at Smuggler *after* their first two choices. 

Offline Corthreat

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 73
    • View Profile
Smuggler, Officer, Medic, Trader. Undecided on the order.

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • Force: 64
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile
Trader, Officer, BH, Mando, and Jedi. Probably in that order, might switch Mando and Jedi around.

I mained a BH on Live and loved every second of it. Wasn't ever very good at it in particular, but I still enjoyed it very much. Officer was my next mained class, but I enjoyed it very much. As for Trader, I want to be able to get a shop up and running before much else happens. Good, steady credit income and it also serves as a great way to make new connections.

Offline Rainfire

• Sr. Community Member
    • View Profile
Seeing how many Jedi there are, BH is looking pretty good right now :P

Offline Vroop

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
There's always going to be a ton of jedi, but how many good ones? :p

Offline KyngKoopa

• Forum Zombie
  • Force: 30
  • Bwah hah hah!
    • View Profile
I still cant decide on what im going to main.

I played a Medic back when the game was live but may take a different direction this time. I know for sure that I want to have some type of trader or focus on Beast Making but as far as a main combat class....no idea yet :P