Author Topic: Cannot Log In  (Read 494 times)

Offline umphreez

• Community Member
  • Force: 0
    • View Profile
Cannot Log In
« on: 09-09-17, 19:51:30 »
I have downloaded the game and followed the instructions but it hangs up after I put my name and password in.

Is the game down?

What do I need to do?

Offline Yelnoc

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot Log In
« Reply #1 on: 09-09-17, 22:43:57 »
I couldn't get in just now. Might be down.

Offline Mavelion

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09-09-17, 23:35:40 »
I haven't been able to get in all day either kinda sucks finally had some time and can't play

Offline umphreez

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10-09-17, 01:54:31 »
I was so excited to hear about this but still no access.

At least I am not alone.

Offline markino2

• Community Member
  • Force: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10-09-17, 02:02:16 »
Hey everybody, I have also experienced this login issue. For me, it started a couple of days ago... However, I WAS able to login once during this time span, but after I logged in and when I got to the toon selection, the previews for all of them showed no equipment. So, I clicked on my main toon and my equipment was still there and the previews in the selection were fixed after I logged each toon in. In addition though, my toolbar/hotbar in the lower right hand corner was reset.

Anyways, these 2 features reminded me of SIDE EFFECTS to GAME UPDATES. Although it is quite wierd to me that, if this is an updating period, why the developers are still updating SWG after 3 or so days days now...

Hopefully this issue/Game update gets resolved/finished soon and I hope this helps everybody that is experiencing this. It seems to be a VERY WIDESPREAD problem.

« Last Edit: 10-09-17, 02:09:16 by markino2 »

Offline ceman

• Community Veteran
  • Force: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11-09-17, 05:59:32 »
Hey everybody, I have also experienced this login issue. For me, it started a couple of days ago... However, I WAS able to login once during this time span, but after I logged in and when I got to the toon selection, the previews for all of them showed no equipment. So, I clicked on my main toon and my equipment was still there and the previews in the selection were fixed after I logged each toon in. In addition though, my toolbar/hotbar in the lower right hand corner was reset.

Anyways, these 2 features reminded me of SIDE EFFECTS to GAME UPDATES. Although it is quite wierd to me that, if this is an updating period, why the developers are still updating SWG after 3 or so days days now...

Hopefully this issue/Game update gets resolved/finished soon and I hope this helps everybody that is experiencing this. It seems to be a VERY WIDESPREAD problem.

yeah ive got to character selection once then hangs from there. been on legends. but my home is this server. would like to stay as long as possible. was hoping itd be up in tiem for me to start donating at least 5 bucks a month to help keep it up. i know its mostly dead around here but i still like it XD so sue me :p. let us know if you can get in man. i hope its just temporary.

Offline EvilPaintballer

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11-09-17, 23:18:32 »
Having the same issues. Also willing to pay something to keep it up......

Offline Idontcare

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12-09-17, 18:53:56 »
Seems to be working now, haven't had any trouble logging in.

Offline saltythunder

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13-09-17, 05:00:08 »
Yeah, same deal here. Downloaded this evening, logged in, dinked around on tansarii a bit, logged out, logged back in, little more, go back to create a new character, now I can't log in. Stuck after entering the password.

Offline exitium420

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13-09-17, 05:42:16 »
I'm also having issues with the login server. Just downloaded it this morning, set everything up and after a few attempts managed to start a character. Played most of the day, but when I logged to the char selection screen to make a new char things got all screwy. So I logged completely and reset my comp. Now I can't login at all, the client jist hangs at "connecting to the login server" after I input my password. (Figuratively speaking) Glad to see it's not just me.

Offline markino2

• Community Member
  • Force: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 14-09-17, 02:28:09 »
Behold, THE SERVER IS BACK ONLINE BABY!!!!

However, Exitium, are you still having issues logging in?

Offline ceman

• Community Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14-09-17, 09:50:23 »
Behold, THE SERVER IS BACK ONLINE BABY!!!!

However, Exitium, are you still having issues logging in?
back online myself baby
got banned overnight from legends for edgy political discussion. having a black conservative girlfriend or roommate is too edgy for the tolerance of a few select member of the playerbase XD.

Offline ceman

• Community Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 14-09-17, 18:20:25 »
i was back in for a minute now again its hanging :(

Offline millshive1

• Community Member
    • View Profile
    • WarpTHPeed
« Reply #13 on: 19-09-17, 18:10:48 »
It appears things are back down again. :( I am not able to log in, just spins after putting in my username and password.
Was once Mill Shive of [KKND], resided in Einatos on planet Dantooine, on the server Tarquinas.

Offline ml82

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28-09-17, 23:28:54 »
login server down it says :-[

Offline flynx

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 02-10-17, 14:01:10 »

I just registered and loaded the Client. Patch worked out. But I cant log in.
Do I have to wait for an email-notifcation that I can play?