Author Topic: Game won't launch after latest launcher update  (Read 1070 times)

Offline sfinna

• Sr. Community Member
  • Force: 3
  • Saleena: Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Game won't launch after latest launcher update
« on: 08-01-17, 00:56:45 »
See title.

Booting up the launcher works. The file check goes okay.

But when I hit start, nothing happens.

Offline kotlm

• Community Member
  • Force: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Game won't launch after latest launcher update
« Reply #1 on: 08-01-17, 01:45:31 »
I can't get past the zues check

Offline lasod

• Advisor
  • Force: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08-01-17, 02:09:29 »

the v3 file that you download needs to be unzipped and when you unzip it you will get 4 files
launcher service.dll
sharp.dll
launcher.view 
launcher.updater

all of these files need to be replaced in your launcher folder if you have previously installed the old launcher 

if this is the first time you are downloading the launcher
unzip the v3 file and then you must create a folder for these files by themselves, they cant be in the same folder as your SWG game files

i currently have 2 files in my c:programs(x86)
stella bellum launcher
SWG stella bellum

the launcher holds the the 4 unzipped  files from the v3 download  and any files the launcher creates
the swg file holds the game files

the launcher .updater application is the icon you need to use to launch the game, if you want you can right click on this icon and create a short cut for it and place the short cut on your desktop so you dont have to dig to find the file to launch the game
the previous launcher desktop icon that was installed with the first launcher will no longer work
  - screw you photobucket im not paying

Offline Memfis

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08-01-17, 03:39:24 »

the v3 file that you download needs to be unzipped and when you unzip it you will get 4 files
launcher service.dll
sharp.dll
launcher.view 
launcher.updater

all of these files need to be replaced in your launcher folder if you have previously installed the old launcher 

if this is the first time you are downloading the launcher
unzip the v3 file and then you must create a folder for these files by themselves, they cant be in the same folder as your SWG game files

i currently have 2 files in my c:programs(x86)
stella bellum launcher
SWG stella bellum

the launcher holds the the 4 unzipped  files from the v3 download  and any files the launcher creates
the swg file holds the game files

the launcher .updater application is the icon you need to use to launch the game, if you want you can right click on this icon and create a short cut for it and place the short cut on your desktop so you dont have to dig to find the file to launch the game
the previous launcher desktop icon that was installed with the first launcher will no longer work

I can't get past the zues check either.  I have all of these files in my launcher folder mentioned above.  I have also used it previously to launch the game.  Amy help getting into the game would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Offline lasod

• Advisor
  • Force: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-01-17, 04:02:55 »
the v3.rar download once unzipped generates files that have the same name as files that were there from the v2 and v1 release, if the date they were added is prior to today jan/7/17 you need to update to the new version of those files

others have had issues with their virus protection blocking the launcher from connecting, also check that status
  - screw you photobucket im not paying

Offline resamar

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15-12-17, 06:00:14 »
i cant seem to get the client to Run. i keep getting met with SWGClient_r has stopped working immediately after pressing Play on the launcher. ive run it as admit, ive set it to windowed and borderless, ive run a hash check and repaired it. i dont know if its telling, but the launcher doesnt show news on the left, its 2 white boxes, sometimes just white, and sometimes with "Connection was cancelled" or some such, like you would see on an error page if you searched something wrong online. ive disabled my antivirus, and my firewall. neither of them have even registered the game as something going in or out (although launchpad is allowed on 4 separate counts). im banging my head on the wall here. this server is all ive wanted since the game was killed and i cant even get in the parking lot, let alone the gate.