Author Topic: Still plans for open source?  (Read 999 times)

Offline nifenap

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 10
    • View Profile
Still plans for open source?
« on: 06-07-17, 12:31:07 »
It's almost 4 months now since the dev team announced that the SB code will go open source so more people can help out to restore the game we love so much. Unfortunately - it's more than quiet here since then...

I know it's maybe not that easy like flipping a switch and all of the devs have RL things to do (which always come first, I understand that) - but it's been quite a while now since your announcement.

So my question is: Are there still plans for opening the source code, and if so - is there a vague timeframe to when we could expect it (like in i.e. a month, 12 months, 10 years or so... ;)) ? Or did you silently decided to not release it, and just "forgot" to tell us?

Would be nice if a redname could answer this. Thanks

Offline Silent Guardian

• SWG Ensign
  • Force: 111
    • View Profile
    • http://i.imgur.com/XPG8FNq.png
Re: Still plans for open source?
« Reply #1 on: 08-07-17, 16:53:41 »
Soon™

Going live was motivation for the team, properly preparing the source for public is a hiatus. I can't give any timeframe, other than it will happen when it will happen.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Yeah you probably want to kill me for that answer. The truth is some months ago I learnt that you have to stoically accept it "as it is".)
« Last Edit: 08-07-17, 16:57:05 by Silent Guardian »

Offline warchild

• Community Veteran
  • Force: 5
    • View Profile
    • Community Planet Earth
« Reply #2 on: 08-07-17, 19:31:29 »
Silent G, thank you for this answer. Time means nothing other than what we use It for, some have little patience and les respect for the work done or gifts given. Folks should feel fortunate that you guys n gals are willing to provide open source at all, even more fortunate that a working server is available to play. As much as I want to play I can't and truly envy those who can. I can't get internet access what so ever other than this phone, which expires in two days. They should be happy and appreciate what they have. I'm like so many who have been discarded and left with nothing in life, everything stolen and now living on nothing with a broken body and fractured mind. Just do your best and know there are some of US who actually appreciate you.
A Fine example of Resource Based Economy in action. Plenty for everyone, all inclusive.

Offline brian

• Community Member
  • Force: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09-03-18, 09:57:22 »
May be soon)

Offline DarthArgus

• Administrator
  • Force: 28
  • Arm deep in the code...
    • View Profile