Author Topic: Launcher crashes when attempting to dual log a sub account  (Read 1464 times)

Offline sphiynx

• Community Member
  • Force: 1
    • View Profile
I have my main account logged in and working fine. I Alt+tab out to desktop and click "play" on the launcher again. The launcher crashes and gives me "SWGClient_r.exe has stopped working"
I have done a hash check many files are missing including the login.cfg.
I followed the instructions in the dual logging guide on this site and downloaded the new login.cfg and put in my game folder where it's suppose to go. I was sure to over wright when prompted.
I ran the repair tool on the launcher a few times now, but I still get the same result. "SWGClient_r has stopped working.
I am 100% running the launcher in admin mode. I have even tried running it in compatibility mode for various OS's with no prevail.
Just to reiterate, the game runs perfectly when only one client is running. It won't start a second. I can't get to login screen to use my sub account.
Any new ideas would sure be welcome.

Thanks

Offline haymaker

• Sr. Community Member
  • Force: 2
    • View Profile
I have my main account logged in and working fine. I Alt+tab out to desktop and click "play" on the launcher again. The launcher crashes and gives me "SWGClient_r.exe has stopped working"
I have done a hash check many files are missing including the login.cfg.
I followed the instructions in the dual logging guide on this site and downloaded the new login.cfg and put in my game folder where it's suppose to go. I was sure to over wright when prompted.
I ran the repair tool on the launcher a few times now, but I still get the same result. "SWGClient_r has stopped working.
I am 100% running the launcher in admin mode. I have even tried running it in compatibility mode for various OS's with no prevail.
Just to reiterate, the game runs perfectly when only one client is running. It won't start a second. I can't get to login screen to use my sub account.
Any new ideas would sure be welcome.

Thanks

It is more than likely something on your PC causing the issue.

If you can give me the error code you get when that EXE crashes I can look in to it.

Control Panel --- Administrative Tools --- Event Viewer --- Windows Logs --- Applications

Look for the time stamp when the EXE crashes, and paste that information into a post here.

Offline sphiynx

• Community Member
    • View Profile
Faulting application name: SwgClient_r.exe, version: 2.0.0.2, time stamp: 0x5763a4d5
Faulting module name: SwgClient_r.exe, version: 2.0.0.2, time stamp: 0x5763a4d5
Exception code: 0x4000001f

Offline haymaker

• Sr. Community Member
    • View Profile
0x4000001F
STATUS_WX86_BREAKPOINT
An exception status code that is used by the Win32 x86 emulation subsystem.

What are your PC specs and which windows flavor are you running?
« Last Edit: 09-05-17, 20:09:51 by haymaker »

Offline JekVanno

• SWG Chief Petty Officer
  • Force: 39
    • View Profile
Check your game folder for live.cfg

Inside that should be:

[SwgClient]
allowMultipleInstances=true
[TC Ingame] Jek Vanno and Replicant-VII    [Offers] Dantooine Pirate Outpost

[copy/paste]   /way orange dantooine 1228 -6132 Tech Outpost 7 -Dant Pirate

Offline haymaker

• Sr. Community Member
    • View Profile
Check your game folder for live.cfg

Inside that should be:

[SwgClient]
allowMultipleInstances=true

Jek is definitely on to something with that.  That might be what is causing the error.

Offline sphiynx

• Community Member
    • View Profile
@ JekVanno, allowMultipleInstances=true is what I have.

@haymaker
Summary
      Operating System
         Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.1066)
      CPU
         Intel Core i7 @ 2.40GHz   49 °C
         Haswell 22nm Technology
      RAM
         16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
      Motherboard
         ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G750JW (SOCKET 0)
      Graphics
         Generic PnP Monitor ([email protected])
         HP E231 ([email protected])
         2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M (ASUStek Computer Inc)   43 °C
      Storage
         465GB Hitachi HGST HTS725050A7E630 (SATA)   35 °C
         465GB Hitachi HGST HTS725050A7E630 (SATA)   38 °C
      Optical Drives
         Slimtype DVD A DS8A9SH
      Audio
         Realtek High Definition Audio

Offline JekVanno

• View Profile
Try navigating to the game folder you are using for SB.  Launch the second instance of the client manually.  Right click swgclient_r.exe and run as admin (not sure how applicable that is to Win10).  I'm not sure going around the launcher will help, but it's worth trying as you dig in.

Offline warchild

• Community Veteran
  • Force: 5
    • View Profile
    • Community Planet Earth
I only run the game from the executable, only run the launcher pretty much never and I dual log pretty much constantly. A win 10 machine, a true $100 walmart special with no video card and it handles this game just fine. If I log into a 4th account I run out of memory, other than that  there are no problems.
A Fine example of Resource Based Economy in action. Plenty for everyone, all inclusive.

Offline haymaker

• Sr. Community Member
    • View Profile
I only run it from the launcher, and I have win 10 as well.   I have no problem with multiple instances, even quad and quintuple logged a few times.

Offline haymaker

• Sr. Community Member
    • View Profile
@ JekVanno, allowMultipleInstances=true is what I have.

@haymaker
Summary
      Operating System
         Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.1066)
      CPU
         Intel Core i7 @ 2.40GHz   49 °C
         Haswell 22nm Technology
      RAM
         16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
      Motherboard
         ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G750JW (SOCKET 0)
      Graphics
         Generic PnP Monitor ([email protected])
         HP E231 ([email protected])
         2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M (ASUStek Computer Inc)   43 °C
      Storage
         465GB Hitachi HGST HTS725050A7E630 (SATA)   35 °C
         465GB Hitachi HGST HTS725050A7E630 (SATA)   38 °C
      Optical Drives
         Slimtype DVD A DS8A9SH
      Audio
         Realtek High Definition Audio

There was a theory I was considering, I actually figured you had Win 10 Home and not Pro.

Without going to much in detail... sometimes Ring 3 user security requests are routed through Ring 0 Kernel permissions.... Sometimes it can happen and that error you are getting is indicative of a ring security error.   Basically your user account is being denied access by the kernel (Ring 0 or Root level security) to your PC hardware which would allow you to run another instance of SB.  Ring 3 user group says yes, Kernal Ring 0 says no.

It is "possible" it's a code issue with Stella Bellum and you happen to be the lottery winner.     It would explain that not everyone has the same issue, even people running win 10 home as PC hardware is different from PC to PC and model to model.   The reason I asked about your win 10 build initially regarding 1607 is because that is the anniversary build update MS put out that locks down user permission to certain administrative functions in windows.   But I do not believe that was the cause anymore after having done more research on the error you are getting.  I am not running build 1607, as there is a way to prevent that update from ever reaching your PC (A hacked work around if you will, but not really hacked just common sense)  The build I'm running is 1511 for Win10 Pro.

There is one thing you can try and it's a shot in the dark is if you have a corrupted install of SB, then start from scratch delete SB completely, including the launcher, and reinstall from scratch:  https://forums.stellabellum.net/index.php/topic,30.html

Another thing you can try, is creating a new windows profile and trying to run SB from that new profile and running a 2nd instance.  If it works, then you have a corrupted windows profile, which there is only 2 fixes for:  Creating a new profile (which is what I had you do just now)  or Re-installing everything on your PC from scratch.

If the issue still exists after that, then it's probably not an SB code issue.   And probably not a windows specific issue... And I'd be out of ideas.  It's not a very common error to get, and most of the time it is present regarding coding, when that error does occur.

Then again, I could be completely off the mark as well in which case an SB might have to comment to that extent maybe determine what could be causing it.
« Last Edit: 10-05-17, 07:52:48 by haymaker »

Offline sphiynx

• Community Member
    • View Profile
@ JekVanno - I tried running from the game directory and received the same result.

I'm going to do a full wipe and re-install of the game and launcher and see if that helps.

It has to be just this machine as my custom desktop at home can dual log just fine.
I'll report back how it goes.

Offline sphiynx

• Community Member
    • View Profile
Ok I completely deleted my previous install along with the launcher and re-installed and re-patched/updated.
The hash check now shows zero files are missing, and again the game runs perfectly.
However I still cannot start another client. Same issue occurs.
I've checked the live.cfg and the allowMultipleInstances=true IS in there.
I've tried running straight from the .exe in the game folder, same result. Client crash.
I tired making a new local user account as suggested and the results are the same. I can start one client, but not a second without a client crash.

I appreciate all the help you all have provided. I think i'm just out of luck on this machine.

Offline JekVanno

• View Profile
Longshots:

Set up the patcher and game to run in compatibility mode.

Run SwgClientSetup_r.exe and change your resolution to match your monitor and run it as a full-screen in a frameless windowless mode.  This is pretty quick and easy, has been the fix for some players, but I can't recall if dual logging was the issue (I remember the catalog of fixes much better when I've had the problem myself).

Set up a full exception for the game folder and client software with your anti-virus software.  I had this problem, but it kept me from running the patcher and and game.

If none of that works, it might seem redundant since you just downloaded fresh, but I would run the repair function on the patcher, and I might dig into my graphics settings.  I'm not familiar with your card and setup, nor am I a windows guru, but I'd look at the software suite that seems to come with most cards now.

Good Luck

Offline haymaker

• Sr. Community Member
    • View Profile
Ok I completely deleted my previous install along with the launcher and re-installed and re-patched/updated.
The hash check now shows zero files are missing, and again the game runs perfectly.
However I still cannot start another client. Same issue occurs.
I've checked the live.cfg and the allowMultipleInstances=true IS in there.
I've tried running straight from the .exe in the game folder, same result. Client crash.
I tired making a new local user account as suggested and the results are the same. I can start one client, but not a second without a client crash.

I appreciate all the help you all have provided. I think i'm just out of luck on this machine.

If you have another PC try it on another PC.  As I said you might be the proverbial lottery winner for a coding bug with your current PC setup.  Basically means it's a coding issue with SB on that particular PC.   Especially if it works on another PC with different hardware setups.

Another shot in the dark I can think of:  Uninstall + Reinstall all the Visual Studio C++ Redistrubuteables on your PC for each year that is currently installed on your PC.  They range from 2005-2015? I think.

Here's where you can download them:  http://www.standaloneofflineinstallers.com/2015/12/Microsoft-Visual-C-Redistributable-2015-2013-2012-2010-2008-2005-32-bit-x86-64-bit-x64-Standalone-Offline-Installer-for-Windows.html

Sometimes these files can get corrupted, as most if not all games are coded in C++.
« Last Edit: 12-05-17, 04:30:28 by haymaker »

Offline umarmughal44

• Community Member
  • Force: 0
    • View Profile
Another shot in the dark I can think of:  Uninstall + Reinstall all the Visual Studio C++ Redistrubuteables on your PC for each year that is currently installed on your PC.  They range from 2005-2015? I think.

http://www.pcfiless.com/2017/07/Microsoft-Visual-C-Redistributable-2017-2016-2015-2013-2012-2010-2008-2005-32-bit-x86-64-bit-x64-Offline-Installer-for-Windows.html

Offline umarmughal44

• Community Member
    • View Profile
Another shot in the dark I can think of:  Uninstall + Reinstall all the Visual Studio C++ Redistrubuteables on your PC for each year that is currently ins
https://www.productkeysfull.com
https://www.productkeysfull.com/2018/06/windows-10-product-key-for-free-latest.html

Offline umarmughal44

• Community Member
    • View Profile
Another shot in the dark I can think of:  Uninstall + Reinstall all the Visual Studio C++ Redistrubuteables on your PC for
https://www.shareitforpcmac.com/
https://www.shareitforpcmac.com/shareit-v4-0-for-pc/
https://www.shareitforpcmac.com/shareit-for-windows-7/