Author Topic: wheres everyone gonna be playing when/if closes  (Read 2756 times)

Offline haymaker

• Sr. Community Member
  • Force: 2
    • View Profile
Re: wheres everyone gonna be playing when/if closes
« Reply #20 on: 19-05-17, 11:42:11 »
Just discovered this server last night. Old player (played on/off from launch to the end) looking to scratch that SWG itch.

So what's the problem or hold up with this server? Money, time, talent or all?

I think all of the above:  Some glitchy code borked the live release, and they are missing some talent.  Although they claim money isn't an issue, if you monitor their balances, it is a problem none the less.  Whoever pays for the Test server is taking a financial hit.

Offline hellslayer

• Community Member
  • Force: 0
  • REBZ!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22-05-17, 17:11:45 »
I've been here a week an the only problem is not alot of players other than that it's perfect

Offline dekporkins

• Community Member
  • Force: 4
  • I actually miss RE
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22-05-17, 22:45:11 »
Seen you around, Hellsayer. I'd be keen to group up sometime. What are you looking to do? Aside from crafting I've been working on Mustafar prequests for Champion of the Galaxy. I could definitely use a partner for The beetle cave, DF1, DF2 etc. I also hope to unlock DWB (jabba's themepark). Yesterday I ran a few city battles. Even solo I'm having a blast. Holler at me sometime.
Dek Porkins

Offline spaceguy5

• Community Member
  • Force: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 23-05-17, 05:21:35 »
Because of the lack of players, I ended up just making some medic bots. Managed to get nearly a complete set of Mandalorian armor (just missing 1 BL for the gloves), and yesterday I finally finished the HK-47 series (really challenging to do using bots). Might do some Kashyyyk content next

Offline ceman

• Community Veteran
  • Force: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 31-08-17, 18:26:28 »
Request to close the server is denied, I'm bringing more people in for this.  Myself and a friend, are already about to commit to monthly donations $10-$15/month from just the two of us.  Even if it's just the TC server running.   Right now I'm currently level grinding the long way to test out all the quests and content and combat, although I have alts whom are level 90.  Like others my friends and I really enjoyed the end game of NGE.

And I know where a lot of former SWG players have flocked to as I've seen many.   I am about to make a post on that game forum to let them know about Stella Bellum.

This is the best version of NGE I've seen from EMU's to date, and so far for me the least buggy.   I didn't grow up with this game in CU or pre-cu.  And I have no desire to play them, it wasn't until yesterday I found out about this SB EMU and watched a bunch of videos to confirm mechanics, and original NGE game play.

Right now It's me and 3 other people and 2 more on the way who are just now starting Stella Bellum.

at this point id be up for throwing 5 or ten bucks in a month just to keep the fuckin TC up. is there a page to donate on and maybe leave a donation comment?

Offline IosnoworeKun

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03-09-17, 06:46:42 »
Considering the choices for NGE are now a server that supposedly barely 'works' and has a very poor reputation, a project that is making extremely slow progress because it's an EMU so it's years away (and unless i'm wrong, it looks like they're changing some content...), and a project that will only have a test centre server where things are given out, i have no idea what i'm going to do for NGE. I suppose i'll just give Basilisk another try until a functioning NGE server magically appears.
I would suggest https://swghope.com :)
SWG TCGEmu Development Leader

Offline Darka

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 04-09-17, 02:13:01 »
Double Post
« Last Edit: 04-09-17, 02:35:38 by Darka »

Offline Darka

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04-09-17, 02:34:31 »

What is SWG Hope?
I see a lot of names I recognise from Legends there, ?

Offline Sisco

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 04-09-17, 11:29:29 »

What is SWG Hope?

Yeah, same here. I went to their Discord and the first thing I saw was Dark along with him mentioning Jerry. Went back to the site's staff list and saw Tyrone (I think Ristana went under that name in Discord at one time, can't remember exactly.)

Don't think I'll be playing on that server.

Offline Darka

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 04-09-17, 21:29:54 »

What is SWG Hope?

Yeah, same here. I went to their Discord and the first thing I saw was Dark along with him mentioning Jerry. Went back to the site's staff list and saw Tyrone (I think Ristana went under that name in Discord at one time, can't remember exactly.)

So is this a new name for Legends or a new project?

Offline Sisco

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 05-09-17, 00:13:15 »

What is SWG Hope?

So is this a new name for Legends or a new project?

New Project. But it has a few familiar faces from Legends; both in staff and regular players.

Offline Darka

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 05-09-17, 03:05:42 »
So whats happening with Legends? and/or what happened with Legends to see another new project start?

Offline Sisco

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07-09-17, 21:32:52 »
So whats happening with Legends? and/or what happened with Legends to see another new project start?

I honestly don't know.

Offline ceman

• Community Veteran
  • Force: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08-09-17, 04:01:42 »
i am unaware of the drama. it always happens when im out of the country lol. been digging around on here everywhere and ive only found that i guess some devs split idk. i hope they keep  this server open. i enjoy relaxing and dont get bothered much. i have an account i use on legends when this is undergoing maintainence or restart or whatever happens every few days. been offline today though hoping it comes back up soon.

Offline Darka

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12-09-17, 04:00:42 »
Dev Split is pretty much the story of any SWG project,
Understandable, but it was something that always left me wondering how the EMU project could have changed the landscape if it had had all the teams working together, to deliver one project like the initial idea was years ago.
But alas, I dont have anything against anyone, or any project,
Each to their own,

Offline IosnoworeKun

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 15-09-17, 23:03:44 »

What is SWG Hope?

Tyrone isn't RisTanA, and RisTanA isn't on staff. I haven't seen him in a while actually.
SWG TCGEmu Development Leader

Offline Sisco

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 19-09-17, 05:26:25 »
Tyrone isn't RisTanA, and RisTanA isn't on staff. I haven't seen him in a while actually.

Oh, ok. Thanks for clarifying.

Regardless, I've decided to play on the server anyway to satisfy the occasional itch. I must say that it's better than what I was expecting.

Offline Darka

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 20-09-17, 02:16:49 »
Whats the server like? good Population?