Author Topic: Cekis - Stepping Down  (Read 3084 times)

Offline Cekis

• Former Developer
  • Force: 29
    • View Profile
Cekis - Stepping Down
« on: 14-02-17, 00:34:39 »
Hello All...

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm taking a break from the project - possibly permanent - but wanted to explain to you all why.

First, we've made a lot of progress with the code.  We've taken it from a very unstable thing with missing parts and broken pieces and put it back together over the last several years.  I personally have only been involved for a year, but I have very much enjoyed being a part of bringing you all something you have enjoyed over the last 6-8 months.  Unfortunately, the time has come that I don't see myself being able to continue being a part of it.

There are many reasons why, but the primary reason is that I don't feel comfortable continuing to work on this project without significant progress being made to bring it to you all.  There are literally only a few things that need to be done in order to bring this to a reality for you, but I don't have confidence in our ability to bring you a fully functional server and still have the bandwidth to be able to support it going forward.  Don't get me wrong, this is not drama, this is pretty much me facing the truth that we all have lives and doing something for you to the level that my personal expectations are set to (probably too high).  I don't feel it's fair to continue with something that I don't personally feel can meet the standards you all deserve.

I've discussed these concerns with the team as well.  Some agree, others disagree, but we haven't shown ability to respond to issues as we will need to when it comes to a live server (i.e. the city issue).  Therefore, it leaves future critical issues floating, damaging and infuriating to the point that satisfaction just won't be there and that is something I can't really continue going forward with until that changes.

Ok, so that's it.  I hope you all have enjoyed the contributions I've been able to make to this project and this version of the code over the last year and I really hope you all get to play it soon!  As far as I know, Darth and company will continue toward the goal of bringing this to live without me around.  Thank you for letting me be a part of your lives and for allowing me to bring your nostalgia back!

Yours Truly,
Cekis.

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?