Sticky Topic

Author Topic: 02/05/2017 - Development Update  (Read 4169 times)

Offline Silent Guardian

• SWG Ensign
  • Force: 110
    • View Profile
    • http://i.imgur.com/XPG8FNq.png
Re: 02/05/2017 - Development Update
« Reply #40 on: 11-02-17, 18:44:22 »
I do know once the event is held and the server holds the masses (hopefully 1000+ players, you'll all receive a mail), then the mind of the team is more at ease and we're closer to live.

Just to be clear, and this is probably a stupid question, is that an in-game mail or a mass PM here on the forums? I just want to make sure I don't miss it. :)

It will be a forum message, most likely. That way they can let you know without you needing to login to the client + if you have email alerts it's just more convenient anyway
We'll just access the database of all users who registered their accounts with their e-mail and compile a list for BCC. That way everyone who checks their mail at least once per week won't miss out.

Offline lasod

• Advisor
  • Force: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 26-02-17, 00:51:27 »
Ral Mundi questline

completed without issue

prereq to speak with corsec agent near bazaar in cent, ( start of corellia legacy)
 talk , talk,  talk , space mission tier 3 [3 ships after traveling about 20km in space], talk, kill, kill, click on box, talk and complete

the next questline for starport vandalism will not let you progress past speaking with the ex ragtag Demmi Wot, if you have another space mission in your journal
« Last Edit: 26-02-17, 00:56:00 by lasod »

Offline Epyk

• Sr. Community Member
  • Force: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 03-03-17, 01:57:21 »
Don't know how you guys keep doing it, but keep it up.  I'm honestly having a ton of fun playing and testing out a few things on TC.  Not gonna lie, it was kinda nice to have all the old vet rewards and whatnot right off the bat.  Really took me back.  Would like to play on live at some point, but no big rush, and tbh the security concerns you mentioned are enough to sketch anyone out and it is totally understandable why you'd want to tie up those loose ends.  At any rate...kudos to you guys for continuing to put one foot in front of the other.  Much respect.

Offline chancea35

• Sr. Community Member
  • Force: 0
  • I played this game when i was 5... XD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 12-04-17, 01:19:34 »
hey at least we are getting somewhere! unlike Project swg.... don't get me wrong there getting somewhere to!
I was around 5 years old when i played this game when i saw that they brought it back i thought i would be a pro! let's just say that is a false statement because of a fuzzy 5 year old mind.

Offline grandpalemon

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 15-05-17, 21:19:55 »
Just wanted to thank all the developers for working so hard on this. I just bought a copy of swg to play on this server and I know things will get difficult and morale may drop but everyone appreciates the effort everyone puts in.

Offline shuttleboy

• Community Member
  • Force: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 22-05-17, 19:36:15 »
If it's true that development is coming to a halt, can y'all give your code to someone else like ProjectSWG or SWGEMU? Or one of the other major emulator projects? I really enjoy the Jump to lightspeed aspects of this, and I know a lot of other people that love the NGE stuff are looking primarily at ProjectSWG. When I saw you guys being advertised as nearly complete by Captain Shack, I was like "OMG how did an NGE EMU slip right past me and become complete with JTL and quests, and everything?? Why doesn't everyone know about this?" I joined as quickly as I could to test out the mechanics and it was perfect. Exactly what I remembered. I don't know how you guys managed to get everything working so much quicker than everyone else but good on ya! SWGEmu has been around for a decade and a half and still doesn't even a WIP version of Jump to Lightspeed. Bloodfin is well... its own thing.. to say the least. This was the truest most complete form of Star Wars Galaxies I've played since the game was permanently discontinued. I know Cekis stepped down, though I'm not entirely sure why. But this is a project that is worth not giving up on. If y'all are unable to complete it please make your code publicly available and known to the other emulators, I really think it could speed up the process of bringing back multiple versions of SWG and JTL that everyone can enjoy.

Offline Sisco

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 23-05-17, 12:45:10 »
*Snip.*

Take a look at this: https://forums.stellabellum.net/index.php?topic=1996.0

In short, development will continue and they're going to make it open-source. But having a Live Server is off the table for now.