Sticky Topic

Author Topic: If the frog is missing  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Silent Guardian

• Administrator
  • Force: 107
    • View Profile
    • http://i.imgur.com/XPG8FNq.png
If the frog is missing
« on: 05-09-16, 16:33:47 »
Post here or contact us on Discord. We are intentionally not persisting the frog in the database, therefore it has to be manually spawned after every restart.

Red-Dwarf is and will always be a TestCenter and will continue to coexist to the upcoming live server.
« Last Edit: 11-11-16, 19:49:37 by Silent Guardian »

Offline alpha335

• Community Member
  • Force: 0
    • View Profile
Re: If the frog is missing
« Reply #1 on: 05-09-16, 18:36:47 »
As of the time of posting (2:36 PM EST) the frogs are missing.

Offline Silent Guardian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05-09-16, 19:19:34 »
Will take care of it when I'm home. :)

Offline coreyzard

• Community Member
  • Force: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05-09-16, 19:31:19 »
Hey I'm new here and had a question about the frogs actually, is there just the one in Eisley or are they supposed to be other places too?

Offline Silent Guardian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05-09-16, 20:20:01 »
The frogs disappear after every restart. We have to spawn them manually, usually one in Eisley as everybody is likely to find it there first.

Offline LaraNotsil

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15-09-16, 09:42:51 »
We have too little population due to these frogs. :( Can you, at least, remove credits, quest awards and crafting abilities from them? Just let's "basic" items (weapons, armor) and lvl 90 skilling still to be free, but some "luxury" / "hand-made" items - available only for moneys (or crafting, or questing). This can attract some new players, who feeling real economic.
« Last Edit: 17-09-16, 12:13:52 by LaraNotsil »
Kirney Slane, Hawk-Bat [CorSec Wraith] Squadron Leader;
Myn Donos, Hawk-Bat Squadron Technician One;
Kolot (ewookie), Hawk-Bat Squadron Technician Two;
Dash Rendar, Hawk-Bat Squadron Droidsmith... with a pair of surprises ;) ;
Tyria Sarkin-Tainer, Jedi Knight;
Alina Ordo, Mandalorian...

Offline MANDALORIEN

• Silent Stalker
  • Force: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22-09-16, 10:40:50 »
We have too little population due to these frogs. :( Can you, at least, remove credits, quest awards and crafting abilities from them? Just let's "basic" items (weapons, armor) and lvl 90 skilling still to be free, but some "luxury" / "hand-made" items - available only for moneys (or crafting, or questing). This can attract some new players, who feeling real economic.

Hello ,

As test server i think the blue frog must be here coz it help us to have minimum things for do our test
their is no economy atm and i guess all will be wiped for the live server
Myabe i understand wrong but its what im thinking

Economy will be real for live server without blue frog .

WE THINK TOO OFTEN IN TERMS OF DUALISM: JEDI OR SITH, LIGHT OR DARK, RIGHT OR WRONG. BUT THERE ARE 3 SIDES TO THIS BLADE, NOT 2, OPPOSED AND SIMILAR AT THE SAME TIME. THE THIRD EDGE IS THE MANDALORIAN.

Offline Silent Guardian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22-09-16, 15:19:55 »

Heyya sorry, we cannot do that, as we are still testing things on the server. The player activity is already low enough, and it wouldn't help the players who help us. Additionally, the server would not be equal as some players received items from the frog already and others wouldn't.
« Last Edit: 22-09-16, 15:24:02 by Silent Guardian »

Offline LaraNotsil

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22-09-16, 15:48:06 »

Economy will be real for live server without blue frog .

When? No ETA, yeah, but I am tired to be last sentient for the entire planet system...  ;)

Additionally, the server would not be equal as some players received items from the frog already and others wouldn't.

*philosophically* We already had one wipe at the turn of August and September - NP, we'll survive just another.
« Last Edit: 22-09-16, 15:52:26 by LaraNotsil »

Offline MANDALORIEN

• Silent Stalker
  • Force: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22-09-16, 16:57:58 »
*philosophically* We already had one wipe at the turn of August and September - NP, we'll survive just another.
[/quote]

Yeah better to wait the live server for begin build a life.
Its what im doing for the moment.
For now just test and fun between players lol.

Patience im sure its for very SOON .

Have fun.
WE THINK TOO OFTEN IN TERMS OF DUALISM: JEDI OR SITH, LIGHT OR DARK, RIGHT OR WRONG. BUT THERE ARE 3 SIDES TO THIS BLADE, NOT 2, OPPOSED AND SIMILAR AT THE SAME TIME. THE THIRD EDGE IS THE MANDALORIAN.

Offline stots1

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 1
  • La Dolce Vita
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12-10-16, 17:31:47 »

Red-Dwarf is and will always be a TestCenter.
Thanks for clarifying this. I know I'll be active on live but I always enjoyed having a TC to easy-mode on when I'm short on time. Thanks for giving this clarification.

Offline LaraNotsil

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01-11-16, 08:12:26 »
EUREKA! IDEA 8) how to save frogs - and establish an economy: PUT FROGS INTO A MINI-DUNGEONS WITH LVL 6...12 FACTIONLESS AGGRESSIVE B-1 BATTLE DROIDS (just like lvl 6 an error-prone battle droids, spawns near Mos Eisley, at 2875 -4815) INSIDE! PLACE THIS CAVES/BUNKERS OUTSIDE THE MOS EISLEY AND THEED, SOMEWHERE IN REMOTE WASTERLANDS...

OR (FORGETTING ABOUT JTL!) ON THE SPACE STATION, CRAWLING BY TIER 1 STARFIGHTERS! IT CAN BE MUCH BETTER...

Nova Orion in Ord Mantell Space, -73 -30 0 at station's lowest level, is quite suitable place for blue frog.

Not completely my idea... :D it's suggested by "Rebels" season 3 episode, where Ezra Bridger and Co searching clone wars relic base for supplies...  but I waked up today having it in my mind.  :D You can must try to do it just at next restart! :) And I can almost guarantee (85...95% chanсe) growing our population. :) We are practically once CU/NGE server at this time, and we can asquire players from Pre-CU EMU servers, that tired to wait JTL and (or) wants to be Jedi.
« Last Edit: 01-11-16, 11:37:38 by LaraNotsil »

Offline LaraNotsil

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 01-11-16, 08:40:49 »
At least, You can place a frog ONLY on the Tansaari Station - all new players will be able to get all, what they need, but once at their start. Next time they will be forced to self-sufficiency.

Nothing of my solutions, note this especially, are NOT requiring a wipe to fair play - but we'll have almost live server (and still TC at same time). :)

Decide!
« Last Edit: 01-11-16, 11:31:27 by LaraNotsil »

Offline nifenap

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01-11-16, 11:37:21 »
where's the point in that... Creating a char, run him through Tansari to the frog, get the items / stuff / resources / whatever your "main" on the ground needs, transfer the new one to Mos Eisley, transfer all items / creds over - and delte him again...

so except from the 5-8 minutes time delay to run a trader through tansari until he is able to leave the station you gain nothing from it...

face it - the current server is a test server. It doesn't make sense to have the devs change something on this testserver which will not be needed at all on live (your idea with "create a new dungeon with this and that and so on and place the frog down in there..." ). It only takes development time from them which is needed to work on the live system. There are enough spots to fix, so having them do something only for a test server (and for a minority, since I don't see many complaints about the frogs) is in my eyes only a waste of time...

So - be patient and wait for live... ;)

Offline LaraNotsil

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01-11-16, 12:17:42 »
where's the point in that... Creating a char, run him through Tansari to the frog, get the items / stuff / resources / whatever your "main" on the ground needs, transfer the new one to Mos Eisley, transfer all items / creds over - and delte him again...

so except from the 5-8 minutes time delay to run a trader through tansari until he is able to leave the station you gain nothing from it...

face it - the current server is a test server. It doesn't make sense to have the devs change something on this testserver which will not be needed at all on live (your idea with "create a new dungeon with this and that and so on and place the frog down in there..." ). It only takes development time from them which is needed to work on the live system. There are enough spots to fix, so having them do something only for a test server (and for a minority, since I don't see many complaints about the frogs) is in my eyes only a waste of time...

So - be patient and wait for live... ;)

I can repeat: we are ONCE 2011th-like server with JTL in the world... "test"or "live". Legends (was?) a VERY populated and active server, but their future is clouded. I can't play there a relatively long time ago. :( No more servers with working JTL at this time.

We can indefinitely conjure "be patient and wait for live" with no ETA, or we can just make a will and place a frog(s), that whatever require a manual placement after every restart (so NO DEVELOPMENT needed!), in different, slightly less accessible location. OK, not especially created bunker, but at Nova Orion with starfighter-only access. Or, even (considering what Your said about Tansaari), Tansaari... and have not true economy, but "pre-economy", and 50 (maybe 100) players online... and forget about live server ETA, living by today. And if You still need a frog for testing purposes - let's take a Scyk and fly to Nova Orion and back.  :)
« Last Edit: 01-11-16, 12:52:11 by LaraNotsil »

Offline LaraNotsil

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 01-11-16, 12:35:33 »
My mandalorian need a Mando armor (at least, helmet) - but I can't recruit a team for raid to DeathWatch's bunker. Due to low population. Some peoples wants (I sure) to try "heroic instances", like Hoth, or Tusken invasion, or Avatar Station, or some other non-soloable content - but can't recruit a team. Due to low population. Coronet and Theed looks like ghost-towns after a plague... like in the final scenes of "On the last beach" Nevil Shute's book / movie. :( :'( It's ONCE PLAYABLE TRUE NGE SERVER IN THE WORLD! 
« Last Edit: 01-11-16, 13:48:44 by LaraNotsil »

Offline nifenap

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01-11-16, 13:57:32 »
somehow you connect low server population with the fact there are blue frogs existing... I don't think thats the main reason for "low population". Many, including me, wait for the live server, since this test server might / will be wiped, be it planned (when they have to "flush" the database for some development reason) or unplanned (when database "crashes" beyond repair for some reason).

That's why many don't do much here on the TC except the testing that the dev team is asking for (or hunting bugs themself). I don't want to sink time in farming the DWB for instance for the materials for a mando armor (I used to have 3 of them on live. so way to go...) - simply because this server is not permanent. period.
Running Heroics is difficult, because weapons far from cap (no frogs? good luck with even *getting* the schematics for the better weapons. And finding a WS who was around when that one good spawn of resource was available - because: no frog, no old resources). Same for crafted armor - I don't think (never did WS and / or AS on live and I don't remember the caps) current crafted armor is not that good (someone correct me if it is already...) as it used to be.

As I said earlier - face the fact, red-dwarf is a TC with frogs. Enjoy doing the stuff that's available to you at that point. You are not forced to use the frog. You need more people to do stuff? recruit old friends from your guild(s) on live or friends from other games who never heared of SWG before. Make them join here and do stuff together until the live server is available. Or use the galaxy chat tab to find others to do quests / heroics / whatever together.
I played on a low population server on live, and we used that galaxy-wide chat channel a lot to find others for certain activities... So the first step (admins: can't you include (if not done already) a few notes about how to join galaxy-chat in the installation how to?) should be to add the galaxy chat tab to your chars.

Offline Silent Guardian

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01-11-16, 19:01:01 »
Or use the galaxy chat tab to find others to do quests / heroics / whatever together.
I played on a low population server on live, and we used that galaxy-wide chat channel a lot to find others for certain activities... So the first step (admins: can't you include (if not done already) a few notes about how to join galaxy-chat in the installation how to?) should be to add the galaxy chat tab to your chars.
Thanks for the suggestion! I added a thread (it already existed) to the "how to play" guide.
The frogs will be in default positions, else people will complain about them missing or having to search them. Also, our TC will never transition into live with frog items. We're not Bloodfin.

Offline LaraNotsil

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02-11-16, 01:45:22 »
Also, our TC will never transition into live with frog items. We're not Bloodfin.

1000xRIGHT, Sith take me, we are not Bloodfin (where I had gone in his time) :) , but I am NOT offered transition into live server with frog items... NEVER. :) Conversely, I hope, that TC will remain TC, with no wipes in future and existing in addition to the future live server... just will be more attractive for peoples, who now passing by due to blue frogs.

The frogs will be in default positions...

Sorry... really sorry. :( Now I am (even I) primarily flying here. When absolutely unbearable. More rarely - questing, as Tyria Sarkin, but questing here will stop after all soloable quests will be finished. Playing - mostly on Rogue One, Pre-CU server, based on SWGEMU. It's still (despite a TONS of NGE items) NOT NGE, :( but I love NGE (that allow to ride N-1 Starfighter / to be a Jedi relatively easy - it's means by canon, NOT by GMs willings) and looking forward StellaBellum Live. :)

Also... also... by my own chronology, TC Red Dwarf / Stella Bellum reflecting a "later" adventures of my toons (15...25 ABY), and Rogue One is their "earlier life" (9...14 ABY). :) I have a "concurrent charset" here and there, it's sometimes difficult due to completely different combat systems - but I trying. :)

else people will complain about them missing or having to search them.

At last, why not to search??? Now these evil devices buffing and crafting instead of us, and very soon they will be walk, fly, fight and explore the Galaxy instead of us... so only no players will remain there at this moment. Brainy, who enough smart to catch a bugs and use blue frogs for testing purposes, will find blue frog - always and anywhere!!! :) Even on Nova Orion. :) Finally, I spoiled most probable coordinates in THIS topic. ;) But who just wants to play - just let's to play... and may Force be with him. :)
« Last Edit: 02-11-16, 03:06:04 by LaraNotsil »

Offline dalsar

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 18
  • Skyguy, by-and-bye...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02-11-16, 05:01:15 »
 :o
Arkos: SW, CorSec Ace | Meeko: DE, Inquisitor Ace | Ibite: LSJ, Vortex Ace
Sowreetam: 'Mando, Storm Sq. Ace | Adit'Ev: Smug / BM, Smug. Alliance Ace
Meho: Medic | Ycats: Ent | Wossa: Spy, Crimson Phoenix Ace | Tusno: Spy, CorSec Trainee
/way -222 2228 "Nova Point Industries Mall", Naboo