Author Topic: How the heck you get enzymes?  (Read 460 times)

Offline dragonrider364

• Community Member
  • Force: 0
    • View Profile
How the heck you get enzymes?
« on: 11-01-17, 17:07:41 »
All right, for those of you not in the know, enzymes are materials used by beast masters to make pets.  There are three kinds:  Isomerase, Hydrolase and Lyase.  The biggest problem that at least I'm facing, isn't isomeraze, since you simply pick that up off of animal corpses, but rather hydrolase and lyase.  I know how one gets these enzymes but I do not know how exactly one goes about accomplishing getting these enzymes.  Hydrolase enzymes you need to grab an item called an enzyme extractor and use it on the corpse of an animal.  Problem is I don't know where on the frog to find the dna extractor.  It looks like a syringe, does anyone know what segment it's in?  Second is the lyase enzymes.  The wiki literally just says they are acquired by foraging on planets.  What I want to know:  how do I do this for enzymes.  Can anyone help me?

Offline Zaydah

• Community Veteran
  • Force: 8
    • View Profile
Re: How the heck you get enzymes?
« Reply #1 on: 11-01-17, 17:20:04 »
http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Pet_creation

Looks like you just need higher level creatures

Offline Luhai

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11-01-17, 17:21:39 »
I haven't checked the frog for the extractor yet, but I can help with the lyase. You just go foraging (preferrably with a macro) and gather whatever you come across. It may take a while until you find some.
They come in different colors and quality (1-11 points). People usually throw away anything with less than 9 (9+10 are still widely used for mutation experiments). But if you're just testing stuff, you can of course use the low quality lyase.

Apart from lyase enzymes you may also find treasure maps, bait, cooking ingredients, or an enemy. So don't forget to bring a weapon.

Offline JekVanno

• SWG Chief Petty Officer
  • Force: 39
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11-01-17, 17:27:30 »
I used to love treasure maps.  :)  I never did BM except to try it out and make a couple flying mounts.  Definitely a steep learning curve, even just to dabble.
[TC Ingame] Jek Vanno and Replicant-VII    [Offers] Dantooine Pirate Outpost

[copy/paste]   /way orange dantooine 1228 -6132 Tech Outpost 7 -Dant Pirate

Offline dragonrider364

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11-01-17, 17:36:33 »
I haven't checked the frog for the extractor yet, but I can help with the lyase. You just go foraging (preferrably with a macro) and gather whatever you come across. It may take a while until you find some.
They come in different colors and quality (1-11 points). People usually throw away anything with less than 9 (9+10 are still widely used for mutation experiments). But if you're just testing stuff, you can of course use the low quality lyase.

Apart from lyase enzymes you may also find treasure maps, bait, cooking ingredients, or an enemy. So don't forget to bring a weapon.

I know that I need to forage for them, problem is I don't know how, I don't know like what command I need to drag in the box.

Offline Luhai

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11-01-17, 17:38:48 »
Ah, alright. There's a forage ability in your commands menu, in the "other" tab.
Or you can just use /forage.
« Last Edit: 11-01-17, 17:40:57 by Luhai »

Offline dragonrider364

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11-01-17, 17:46:06 »
Thank you.  Still need to figure out where the hell the extractor is, but this is a huge help

Offline kotlm

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11-01-17, 22:20:10 »
Back in the day I got the best from forging on Musty.

Offline dragonrider364

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11-01-17, 22:26:51 »
Back in the day I got the best from forging on Musty.

I'm not in the craftsman class, I'm a jedi.

Offline dragonrider364

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11-01-17, 22:28:20 »
I'm asking what like subsection it falls into in the frog.  Because on the test center, no one makes anything.

Offline Cyborg

• Contributor
  • Force: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12-01-17, 02:37:07 »
You might just need to gather them yourself :/  Need a macro for it?

Offline Ubiquitous

• Sr. Community Member
  • Force: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12-01-17, 03:06:51 »
I use to AFk forage on LOK all the time. Good thing about LOK is that there are large areas without many creature spawns, or red aggressive spawns. So you can AFK without worry. I forget the exact macro, but it had to do with /dance, and /forage, etc. Will look it up later.

Extractor - Need these from a munitions trader. Along with a bunch of other components once you get all your enzymes and DNA.  There are a ton of guides still I believe. I always used swgpets.com  for my BM needs.

Offline dragonrider364

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12-01-17, 03:43:57 »
Extractor - Need these from a munitions trader. Along with a bunch of other components once you get all your enzymes and DNA.  There are a ton of guides still I believe. I always used swgpets.com  for my BM needs.

Ok, munitions trader, we're making something akin to progress here, where do I find one?

Offline Ubiquitous

• Sr. Community Member
  • Force: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12-01-17, 06:37:37 »
ask in chat who can make it for you in game. or use a nested account to create your own munitions trader