Author Topic: Holonews, Convoys, and other Space Events  (Read 393 times)

Offline blacksword

• Community Member
  • Force: 0
    • View Profile
Holonews, Convoys, and other Space Events
« on: 10-01-17, 09:53:21 »
Starsider veteran here. All the old timers should remember Ramona's http://holo-news.blogspot.com/. A revival of that would be great for the Stella Bellum RP community. I was only ever a peripheral member of the Starsider scene though, so someone more sociable would be better for that than me.

Anyway, the most memorable stories, imo, dealt with the numerous space rp-pvp events held on the server such as the regular IMC convoys each week. I was a gunner several times and it was fantastic fun. We should definitely get something similar organised. There are loads of opportunities for action packed storytelling there alone. But there were also regular large scale rebel versus Imperial battles and many other events. I strongly recommend anyone who wasn't there back in the day read through the Holonews archives to see what went on and get inspired.
« Last Edit: 17-01-17, 04:00:47 by blacksword »

Offline barrenger

• Sr. Community Member
    • View Profile
Re: Holonews, Convoys, and other Space Events
« Reply #1 on: 16-01-17, 00:08:46 »
Yes i was a frequent pilot for the IMC convoys out of farpoint valley...hope to see a return to that

Offline Zaydah

• Community Veteran
  • Force: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16-01-17, 19:37:01 »
The last deco project I worked on was the MedStar.  It was to be a star wars version of an ambulance, reliance based of course.  They pulled the plug on the game before we got to use it,  I am looking forward to some space/land crossover events

Offline ceman

• Community Veteran
  • Force: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16-01-17, 19:44:46 »
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2007

Zess missing?
Date: 230907
Planet: Tatooine
Region: Mos Eisley

Story: (Written by the Galactic News Agency, Ramona doesn't write IC).

Just about every resident of the Outer Rim’s seedier regions is familiar with Zess. This mohawk-wearing, foul-mouthed spicehead has clashed with law enforcement agencies, criminals and good fashion taste all over the galaxy. However, no matter what trouble he got in, what beating he took, he always bounced back, as angry as before, and often getting even with whoever took him down before.

Not this time though. No one has seen Zess for says by now. No reports of a mugging, no loud screaming at troopers or security, no demands for spice. The last that was heard of Zess was some quarrell on Lok a few days ago. Since then – nothing.

Even close friends of Zess – Borombo and Cpike, to name them – do not seem to know what happened to the thug. So, people are asking themselves: What happened to Zess? Was he killed? Deported? Eaten by a Kimogila? Captured for experiments of an unspeakable nature? Overdosed on spice? Saw the light and changed his ways?

Time will tell. Or not.
POSTED BY RAMONA AT 10:09 AM NO COMMENTS:
yes. this kind of stuff. i went to see their first ever post, and it was this IC missing persons report. this would be cool. i would be interested in helping write the reports and/or articles. maybe even make a youtube channel to do narrated news instead of a blog. if theres enough RP action to report on, i would be more than willing to write up the 'news reports' and / or do a narration show every other night, just five or ten minutes of reading out the few days' rp events.

Offline barrenger

• Sr. Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16-01-17, 20:23:38 »
 AEG-77 crashes north of Farpoint Valley
Date: 251111
Region: Farpoint Valley

Story: (Written by the Galactic News Agency, Ramona doesn't write IC.)

Last night the traffic control of Farpoint Valley, Tatooine, received a distress call of the AEG-77 class medium freighter "Ebony Blade", captained by Barrenger Fynar. The ship had suffered engine and power failure during it's landing approach, after a fire had broken out on board.

A rescue team was formed from local volunteers and headed to the point north of the town where the Ebony Blade was hovering with the help of a Nova Courier piloted by Falcun Nix. Shortly after the team arrived the Ebony Blade's repulsorlifts gave out and it set on the ground, pushing the Nova Courier into the closest dune as well.

The team then boarded the ship and started battling the fire and jury-rigging repairs to save it. After two hours the last of the fires was extinguished and the ship's system had been repaired to the point of it being able to reach Mos Entha, where it will be full repaired in the days to come.

The operation claimed one wounded and a damaged astromech among the rescue team as well as several droids attached to the ship - some of them were apparently used for spare parts for the systems.
Posted by Ramona at 11:23 PM

This story was about me...

Offline ceman

• Community Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 16-01-17, 20:28:59 »
AEG-77 crashes north of Farpoint Valley
Date: 251111

Story: (Written by the Galactic News Agency, Ramona doesn't write IC.)

Last night the traffic control of Farpoint Valley, Tatooine, received a distress call of the AEG-77 class medium freighter "Ebony Blade", captained by Barrenger Fynar. The ship had suffered engine and power failure during it's landing approach, after a fire had broken out on board.

A rescue team was formed from local volunteers and headed to the point north of the town where the Ebony Blade was hovering with the help of a Nova Courier piloted by Falcun Nix. Shortly after the team arrived the Ebony Blade's repulsorlifts gave out and it set on the ground, pushing the Nova Courier into the closest dune as well.

The team then boarded the ship and started battling the fire and jury-rigging repairs to save it. After two hours the last of the fires was extinguished and the ship's system had been repaired to the point of it being able to reach Mos Entha, where it will be full repaired in the days to come.

The operation claimed one wounded and a damaged astromech among the rescue team as well as several droids attached to the ship - some of them were apparently used for spare parts for the systems.
Posted by Ramona at 11:23 PM

This story was about me...
that is pretty dope. i have to say though, i think they meant 'jerry-rigging' lol. 'jury-rigging' even in the empire would probably result in being sent to a prison colony or and imperial jail lol. that is if theres even jury trials.

Offline ceman

• Community Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16-01-17, 20:51:38 »
heres another good one. theres a lot of good stuff there and we really should make an effort to do something like that here!
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2007

Mixed news of missing people
Date: 280807

Story: (Written by the Galactic News Agency, Ramona doesn't write IC).

There has been a string of missing persons lately, even more than what has to be expected during war.

Ikiwi Obead, freelance reporter for the Galactic News Agency, went missing a few days ago. The Naboo native human woman had been investigating alleged corruption and criminal ties of seemingly legit business according to GNA. Her latest work, two interviews, were made in Farpoint Valley, Tatooine. Since then, GNA has received no further news other than some „I am working on something bigger“ notice, and several information requests concerning money laundering and fraud information.
(If spotted, check if she's there IC, or just oocly.)

Another tragic case is the disappearance of Ikus Agapor. The husband of the dancer Jazmine and brother of Thaesus Andromeda disappeared shortly after the birth of their son, Darron Agapor. While his fate is unknown, according to rumors Jazmine is not wearing her wedding ring anymore. If this means Ikus is presumed dead is up for speculation, but if he left his wife right after the birth of his son, he might be better off dead.

Finally, no news about the whereabouts of „businessman“ Karpasso F. Tong. Tong has been arrested during the Imperial Ball weeks ago, and has not been heard of since transferred into Imperial custody. Rumors run the gamut from him enjoying a permanent stay in the Dathomir holding facilities to the whole thing just being a cover for some internal disagreements concerning business between him and his subordinates which were solved „the traditional way“.
POSTED BY RAMONA AT 11:08 PM

Offline blacksword

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17-01-17, 04:05:22 »
yes. this kind of stuff. i went to see their first ever post, and it was this IC missing persons report. this would be cool. i would be interested in helping write the reports and/or articles. maybe even make a youtube channel to do narrated news instead of a blog. if theres enough RP action to report on, i would be more than willing to write up the 'news reports' and / or do a narration show every other night, just five or ten minutes of reading out the few days' rp events.

Great that you're interested. A youtube channel would be good, if you have the technical skills to make it look professional. We'd need to get in touch with all the rp PAs so that they keep us posted of ongoing plotlines.

Offline ceman

• Community Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17-01-17, 14:45:22 »

Great that you're interested. A youtube channel would be good, if you have the technical skills to make it look professional. We'd need to get in touch with all the rp PAs so that they keep us posted of ongoing plotlines.
are you any good at video editing? thats the only part i feel i would need help with