Author Topic: Galaxies TCG - Will It Happen?  (Read 3833 times)

Offline Djay

• Community Veteran
  • Force: 49
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxies TCG - Will It Happen?
« Reply #20 on: 10-01-17, 19:58:58 »
Very well actually, I got my PacketService working so people can now chat and use in-game commands to interact with other players. Also, will be used for combat. :) (So far guilds, friends/ignore lists work, all chat (lobby, private chats, guild, whispers, etc.), CollectionsManager and DeckBuilder works, basically everything besides combat. I'm doing some fine tuning before I get started on that.)

Nice. Always glad to hear that parts of the game are being updated / restored, even if I have no interest in them personally. Best of luck to you and your endeavor for a speedy release!

Offline clingingmars

• Sr. Community Member
  • Force: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10-01-17, 20:06:24 »
Did someone say TCG? http://imgur.com/a/oH6R5 :P

your signature seems appropriate :P

Offline slagzz

• Community Member
  • Force: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17-01-17, 17:42:39 »
I never liked the TCG.All of  it tho nice was mainly just fluff.I think at the time SOE was just basically trying to squeeze as much money out of us before they killed it.The free packs  where fine but spending money on it no thanks.
So I wouldn't like to see it back here,implementing a way to obtain the loot would be cool tho.

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
  • Force: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 17-01-17, 18:31:04 »
I never liked the TCG.All of  it tho nice was mainly just fluff.I think at the time SOE was just basically trying to squeeze as much money out of us before they killed it.The free packs  where fine but spending money on it no thanks.
So I wouldn't like to see it back here,implementing a way to obtain the loot would be cool tho.
TCG was a last ditch effort to make revenue off the game. The population was always in constant decline since the NGE and the TCG was a means of helping keep the game profitable. I don't mind it being brought back for Stella Bellum since it will be purely for the sake of fun. As far as all the TCG items, they will be implemented into the game in another way at a later point.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

First Daggerfall Emperor of Cyrodiil on Bloodthorn Campaign in ESO (2014):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2juurXQyAtQ

Voted best PvP Light Side Jedi and Melee PvPer on Shadowfire in SWG (2009, 2010)

Offline McGray

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Old SWG McGray Guild Site
« Reply #24 on: 18-01-17, 15:31:47 »
would love to have it back  :) and would even better when it would be connectet to SB  ;D

McGray Industries
"Engineering Everything"

Offline IosnoworeKun

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 19-01-17, 19:11:28 »
Once I'm done with some enhancements, anyone want to help test? I already have a few testers helping me.
SWG Vision of Hope
http://swghope.com

Offline McGray

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Old SWG McGray Guild Site
« Reply #26 on: 19-01-17, 19:34:04 »
SURE, would love it, just PM me

McGray Industries
"Engineering Everything"

Offline thevoiddragon

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 28-01-17, 00:06:46 »

Oh wow, you're actually remaking the TCG? That is amazing, i enjoyed the gameplay of it quite a lot.

It would be even better if that could somehow he used to re-implement the items into the main game.

Offline IosnoworeKun

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 29-01-17, 06:50:32 »

Oh wow, you're actually remaking the TCG? That is amazing, i enjoyed the gameplay of it quite a lot.

It would be even better if that could somehow he used to re-implement the items into the main game.

Yes, I'm hoping once I get finished with this it will be used on here. :)

Also an update: For the last couple of days I took a break from the client and worked a little bit on the  server. I added some security updates, logging, and service loading.

(And yes, that's a 1 second server load time you see.)
SWG Vision of Hope

Offline thevoiddragon

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29-01-17, 14:50:17 »
If the TCG does get added, that would be one way to fairly easily add the items back in. Have a token drop or be obtained via crafting (low drop chances, obviously), which will then give you 1 thing at random from one of the TCG item sets. Have the items with similar chances to what they used to have and it would mean you don't have to split up those 200+ items to implement them in other ways and they could be kept at a similar rarity to what they used to be. 

Offline Cekis

• Former Developer
  • Force: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 29-01-17, 19:46:22 »

Yes, I'm hoping once I get finished with this it will be used on here. :)

Also an update: For the last couple of days I took a break from the client and worked a little bit on the  server. I added some security updates, logging, and service loading.

(And yes, that's a 1 second server load time you see.)

I'm pretty positive if you get this working and in a friendly manner (i.e. plug and play and we KNOW it's secure) then it would be something we would consider implementing here.  BUT... it has to not compromise our security measures too so there needs to likely be a situation where we can review the source AND be able to build our own binaries before implementing.  Just no way we could take your binaries and plug them in as there's too much risk with that.

Offline jojobean

• Community Member
  • Force: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 04-02-17, 19:01:26 »
I very much enjoyed the TCG, not sure why people seemed to really dislike it. I'd love to see it return at some point if that's possible.
I'm not a fan of mini-games built on micro-transactions for MMOs, for one. Secondly, I would have preferred SOE used what little resources and manpower they had left to develop actual content for SWG, instead of a glorified cash shop. Lastly, I didn't particularly enjoy it and I wasn't going to spend real money to get more cards or rare TCG items. I knew a few individuals who would spend thousands of dollars on TCG packs just so they could get all of the rare, new TCG items. Some of them were nice, but I already paid a monthly fee for SWG. Why would I spend more money on what was essentially fluff?

Hey now :P I spent thousands of dollars on the TCG :P

Offline saultarvitz

• Community Member
  • Force: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 20-02-17, 05:24:41 »
Once I'm done with some enhancements, anyone want to help test? I already have a few testers helping me.

I think my friend and I enjoyed the TCG more then the actual game! I would love to help you test it out!

Offline dk1701

• Sr. Community Member
  • Force: 2
    • View Profile
    • 5D Clan
« Reply #33 on: 20-02-17, 15:56:50 »
I'm down, too!

"He doesn't want to owe anybody, doesn't want anybody to owe him. He works for whoever pays the most. He's downright magic with anything that flies, and he can pick wing nuts off a tabletop with a blaster without scorching the finish. He's a good man to have at your back when the going gets hot—as long as your money lasts."
―Lando Calrissian, on Dash Rendar

Offline NickWill86

• Sr. Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 25-02-17, 18:09:52 »
Is this a stand alone ? used through a web browser? Will it be implemented to be used while in game like in live? I heard awhile back someone was doing a web based TCG game.

Offline IosnoworeKun

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 01-08-18, 12:18:37 »
Is this a stand alone ? used through a web browser? Will it be implemented to be used while in game like in live? I heard awhile back someone was doing a web based TCG game.
Sorry for the little late response. :P This is a stand-alone Windows application. If anyone is still interested there is a website: https://swgtcg.com - We are currently in closed alpha.
SWG Vision of Hope