Author Topic: Light Side Jedi  (Read 783 times)

Offline hunter123441

• Sr. Community Member
  • Force: 1
    • View Profile
Light Side Jedi
« on: 09-01-17, 13:20:42 »
Can we make them viable in this patch? Or are they doomed at the moment in the TC?
-Eegor Wavewalker-Flurry/Kettemor, true lover of SWG and its fans alike :)
im up for whatever on the game all the time.
TC Red-Dwarf Characters: Orange Knlght, Lost-Solider, Fallen Knlght, Punished Venomsnake, Nathon Drake.
==PvP for LYFE== 
Phetti is True PvPer

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • Force: 65
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile
Re: Light Side Jedi
« Reply #1 on: 09-01-17, 13:28:01 »
Incoming Aowin post. Calling it now.

I personally find that LSJ is still very much viable as a PvE role. My LSJ was able to run any content without issues :/

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
  • Force: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Light Side Jedi
« Reply #2 on: 09-01-17, 13:57:04 »
I guess I'm becoming too predictable...

LSJ is fine for PVE. They tank perfectly well in most cases. It's PVP where LSJ really under-performs. Virtually every Jedi in PVP will always be a DSJ. I was glad when SOE gave us saber intercept to help make LSJ a bit more relevant for PVP, but there are still a lot of drawbacks to the discipline. Dark Side Jedi, without a doubt, is the superior discipline for PVP given it's DPS and even its healing capability.

I'm all for the dev team looking at doing class balancing of their own, as I thought SOE always had a rather terrible track record. However, I wouldn't expect anything to happen anytime soon as the team has far more important issues to resolve. I definitely do believe the class could use a boost of sorts to make it more appealing in PVP. Or, a lot of other classes (commando, dsj, spy) could have some of their abilities reduced to make things less lopsided.

Class balance is always a tricky issue and nobody ever wants their class to be nerfed. It doesn't help that respec'ing to another class is so easy in this game, as it tends to make players jump to whatever the FOTM is at the time.

I do agree though, at least in part, that LSJ is a very difficult class to use in PVP. That's clear to see as you rarely see any LSJ in PVP. I'll be the exception though, since I'm too stubborn to go DSJ. :)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

First Daggerfall Emperor of Cyrodiil on Bloodthorn Campaign in ESO (2014):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2juurXQyAtQ

Voted best PvP Light Side Jedi and Melee PvPer on Shadowfire in SWG (2009, 2010)