Author Topic: The SWG Art Gallery from Tempest  (Read 254 times)

Offline illuminatrix

• Sr. Community Member
  • Force: 0
    • View Profile
The SWG Art Gallery from Tempest
« on: 09-01-17, 02:34:35 »
So years and years ago I set off on a project to obtain every single painting ever released in game and before the server shut down, I had nearly accomplished my goal.

Prior to the shutdown, in the chaos, I managed to grab a series of screenshots from within the gallery itself. Sadly, I seem to have lost the downstairs rooms and side halls. All were full with statues and decorations.. ah well. This is still pretty worthwhile in my opinion.

I'm personally really excited at the thought of taking up this project again but I'm a bit concerned that some of the older, extraordinarily rare event drops won't be available. We'll see though.

Anyways, on to the screenshots. :)

« Last Edit: 10-01-17, 01:09:48 by illuminatrix »
I played a long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.

32 professions before unlock. 32.... 32.

Offline jamesmcrosby

• Community Member
    • View Profile
Re: The SWG Art Gallery from Tempest
« Reply #1 on: 09-01-17, 17:17:58 »
That's a pretty huge collection. I managed a museum of sorts of my own. There was something very therapeutic about SWG's decorating system. Whenever my guild was out fighting for equipment rewards, I was always more interested in acquiring trinkets for my house.

Offline Silent Guardian

• SWG Ensign
  • Force: 110
    • View Profile
    • http://i.imgur.com/XPG8FNq.png
« Reply #2 on: 09-01-17, 17:29:35 »
That's gold! And amazing to see how much ingame artwork SWG had.
If it's okay and you have more screenshots I'll use it for a montage.

Offline illuminatrix

• Sr. Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09-01-17, 17:52:38 »
That's a pretty huge collection. I managed a museum of sorts of my own. There was something very therapeutic about SWG's decorating system. Whenever my guild was out fighting for equipment rewards, I was always more interested in acquiring trinkets for my house.

Agreed. I was always (and will always be) the trader behind the scenes. This was my reward for a game well played. I could typically care less about the combat systems but the game's decorating and freedom of design was beyond anything I could ever hope for. I'd say this is what I'm looking forward to the most right now. :)

That's gold! And amazing to see how much ingame artwork SWG had.
If it's okay and you have more screenshots I'll use it for a montage.

Agreed! I'm actually super bummed I can't find the screenshots of the side rooms in the basement because there were a ton of statues and other artifacts otherwise defined as "junk" by the game, but certainly not junk in any capacity. Definitely one of the high points of the game for me.

That's so awesome about the montage, I definitely have a ton of them. I'll start assembling an album for you all. :)
« Last Edit: 09-01-17, 17:55:21 by illuminatrix »
I played a long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.

32 professions before unlock. 32.... 32.

Offline grimmshadow

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09-01-17, 22:26:13 »
Nice collection! I spent a lot of time decorating as well. I couldn't afford alot of the paintings but I did have the basement of my Tatooine GH decorated with one of every armor suit by the time the servers shut down!

Offline JekVanno

• SWG Chief Petty Officer
  • Force: 39
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09-01-17, 22:41:53 »
Nice.  I collected a few of my own but nowhere near this.  The really rares didn't come up for sale often, then I got distracted by some of the TCG loots that were game functional.  Cloud cars.
[TC Ingame] Jek Vanno and Replicant-VII    [Offers] Dantooine Pirate Outpost

[copy/paste]   /way orange dantooine 1228 -6132 Tech Outpost 7 -Dant Pirate

Offline Shay1

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09-01-17, 23:07:15 »
Incredible job man, very nice, hope you can do it again.

Offline Lazerius

• Contributor
  • Force: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10-01-17, 19:56:02 »
1 of the absolute best things about SWG was when you weren't in the mood to go kill stuff, build something, or shake your rump, you could always go deco your house in billion different ways. 

What other game out there let you use tables for walls, holograms for lighting changes, dresses for curtains, and allow you to rotate/raise/lower any item to any direction/height imaginable!