Author Topic: Logitech keyboard?  (Read 355 times)

Offline JekVanno

• SWG Chief Petty Officer
  • Force: 39
    • View Profile
Logitech keyboard?
« on: 08-01-17, 04:29:55 »
I have a G-11.  Are all my G keys disabled for Stella Bellum?  I tend to put macros and aliases on those keys.  Switch toolbar, call a swoop, switch toolbar back to 1 - all with a button.  Same for ITV and calling droids.  It might have been my old internet connection, but it wasn't reliable for combat at the time.  Anyway, are my G keys busted?

You know what's sad?  I'm flying the exact same rig as back in the day, with only a memory upgrade.  Old 1 gig graphics card and all.
« Last Edit: 08-01-17, 04:32:28 by JekVanno »
[TC Ingame] Jek Vanno and Replicant-VII    [Offers] Dantooine Pirate Outpost

[copy/paste]   /way orange dantooine 1228 -6132 Tech Outpost 7 -Dant Pirate

Offline bahdasz

• Contributor
  • Force: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Logitech keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: 08-01-17, 09:07:50 »
I had this problem with SWTOR when I played. Open your keyboard control panel and go to the gaming softwear page.   At the top in the middle where it says "profiles" there are some icons under the search bar, click the one that looks like a countdown clock (popup name is "Scan for new games").  Select Star Wars Galaxies from the list and then save the profile, after that you can re-map the keys in that profile... and it "should" worktm.  I've been using a G-11 since forever, and that's the only issue I've ever encountered with it, but it acted basically the same way, and open the control panel and reloading the SWTOR profile always fixed it.

Offline JekVanno

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08-01-17, 18:59:33 »
I tried that just before posting.  Never had to troubleshoot the keyboard before but I was just poking around.  It didn't see SWG, but I'll try to find a way to make it work.  Thank you sir.

Offline bahdasz

• Contributor
  • Force: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09-01-17, 08:35:14 »
Sorry, like I said that was the problem for me.  Also, sometimes for no apparent reason the keyboard would just change profile on startup, so if you do set up a profile that works and it stops you many need to open the control panel and change profile.  I love my G11 when it's working, but sometimes it takes a bit of fiddling to get it to do what I want.

Anyway, this is the way I suggested in the first post:

You could also try to create a custom profile as well this way, this should ensure the profile always links to SWG:

Hope it helps

Offline JekVanno

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09-01-17, 09:00:22 »
I hope it helps too.  My interface looks 'nothing' like that.  I need to check logitech downloads for an upgrade.