Author Topic: Hi from a Starsider shipwright.  (Read 1027 times)

Offline citizen1367

• Sr. Community Member
  • Force: 0
    • View Profile
Hi from a Starsider shipwright.
« on: 06-01-17, 00:33:36 »
Hi guys. I used to play on Starsider as a shipwright called Bulba Dathe. Before the NGE I played on Infinity as a smuggler/shipwright called Ehope Ipec.

I had originally planned on playing this server anonymously but after looking through my old screenshots for the "Project Countdown" thread I was reminded that this game is more about the people and less about levelling or quests or any of that stuff. So I feel I should say hello :)

I can't tell you how many great people I met on Starsider. I used to spend most of my time crafting and I would be talking to people from the moment I logged in until I was too tired to play anymore. I used to have a stream of people calling into my shop and I was so proud to be able to help them. It was so good to receive a tell from somebody who was having fun and progressing as a result of my efforts. You don't get that sense of being useful in other MMO's. As hubristic as it sounds, I honestly thought of my character as being "good for the server". That's the reputation I was chasing.

I had a strategy which was to focus on crafted parts only and make them by the bucketload. I tried to maintain 50% market penetration (ahem) in every crafted ship component. So when a pilot vendor-searched for any space component, half of the listings were made by me. Starsider was full of pilots and everything sold. It was really something.

I'm sure I'll bump into some old Starsider players that I recognise and I'm looking forward to that. I don't know if I'll get back into shipwrighting on this server because I just don't have the time anymore. But who knows, I'm hopelessly addicted to JTL :)

Offline nafka

• Contributor
  • Force: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from a Starsider shipwright.
« Reply #1 on: 06-01-17, 01:00:41 »
Welcome!

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • Force: 65
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06-01-17, 04:00:17 »
I remember your name! I went to your shop basically any time I needed ship parts. Some of the best prices on the market for the quality :)

Offline citizen1367

• Sr. Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06-01-17, 10:02:24 »
Thanks guys. It's nice to be welcomed and remembered.

Offline meepy

• Community Member
  • Force: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13-01-17, 00:58:30 »
Your name is familiar to me as well! didn't you play an ithorian? Maybe i'm mistaken on that part.. but I recall your name and purchasing many an item from your shop. :D
Welcome! it's so great to see more familiar names popping up! Look forward to playing with everyone!
Meep!

Offline citizen1367

• Sr. Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27-01-17, 02:17:59 »
Thanks Meepy! You were almost right, Bulba was a Sullustan. Just as ugly as an Ithorian but a bit shorter :)