Author Topic: Shadowfire Vet looking forward to Stella Bellum  (Read 4999 times)

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
  • Force: 13
    • View Profile
I never thought I'd play this game again. After testing out swgemu on and off before and after SWG was shut down, it just wasn't the same and too much content was either missing or broken. Truth be told, outside of more profession variety and how Jedi were handled Pre-CU, I preferred NGE with all the great content it added over the years.

I'm looking forward to this emulator, as well as meeting a lot of new (and possibly some old) faces. I consider myself predominantly a PvPer, but I was also a dedicated raid leader and I even organized and led a large Jedi RP group for many years. I'm excited to get back to playing SWG and hopefully we'll all have a lot of fun!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

First Daggerfall Emperor of Cyrodiil on Bloodthorn Campaign in ESO (2014):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2juurXQyAtQ

Voted best PvP Light Side Jedi and Melee PvPer on Shadowfire in SWG (2009, 2010)

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • Force: 65
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowfire Vet looking forward to Stella Bellum
« Reply #1 on: 04-01-17, 06:49:22 »
Well, I can't exactly say "Welcome Aboard" as you've already been here a while, but...

Welcome aboard anyways! :) Glad to have you here, Aowin.

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04-01-17, 06:58:56 »
Well, I can't exactly say "Welcome Aboard" as you've already been here a while, but...

Welcome aboard anyways! :) Glad to have you here, Aowin.
Appreciate it! Never bothered to make a returning player thread, so thought I might to see who's out there. :)

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Voted best PvP Light Side Jedi and Melee PvPer on Shadowfire in SWG (2009, 2010)

Offline phobosknight

• Community Member
  • Force: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04-01-17, 21:46:11 »
Well, hello there, old friend.

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05-01-17, 01:35:02 »
Well, hello there, old friend.
Long time no chat. I was wondering if there was anyone else from Shadowfire here.

Offline phobosknight

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05-01-17, 02:46:53 »
I've actually been attempting to talk to you for awhile now and ask you if you were aware of the server, before I started actually reading the forums lol

I may have a proposition for you.

*Edit* Side note, I'm bringing a chunk of the server with me.
« Last Edit: 05-01-17, 03:04:54 by phobosknight »

Offline amazorah

• Community Member
  • Force: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05-01-17, 03:22:19 »
I was on Shadowfire for a time toward the end of SWG's life. I  tranferred to Chilastra along with my guild, Tirel, when free transfers were allowed. I was the lolspai Kilandra. Great to see a somewhat familiar face, as I do remember your name and FIDES!
Spy main back in the day, later a BM-medic.

I was once part of a successful 4 man EK group.

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05-01-17, 07:10:15 »
I was on Shadowfire for a time toward the end of SWG's life. I  tranferred to Chilastra along with my guild, Tirel, when free transfers were allowed. I was the lolspai Kilandra. Great to see a somewhat familiar face, as I do remember your name and FIDES!
Hey there! I do remember your name. I also vaguely remember the guild "Tirel," although I don't know who was in it besides you. I feel as if I should know who the guild leader of Tirel was, however. I wasn't in FIDES, but I was familiar with several members in that guild. If I'm not mistaken, Ikewe, Adazinn, perhaps Jendrick, and various others were part of that guild. I ran Czerka Corporation, which was predominantly a Rebel PvP guild in 2009 and 2010, until I disbanded it.

Offline amazorah

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06-01-17, 03:59:04 »
Hey there! I do remember your name. I also vaguely remember the guild "Tirel," although I don't know who was in it besides you. I feel as if I should know who the guild leader of Tirel was, however. I wasn't in FIDES, but I was familiar with several members in that guild. If I'm not mistaken, Ikewe, Adazinn, perhaps Jendrick, and various others were part of that guild. I ran Czerka Corporation, which was predominantly a Rebel PvP guild in 2009 and 2010, until I disbanded it.
Surely you would remember Baldy! Tirel's leader was Olo. We did lots of heroics and a healthy amount of PvP. Once SB gets up and running I might see if any of those guys are interested in checking it out. Some of them moved on to TOR after SWG but I never got into it.

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06-01-17, 06:02:12 »
Surely you would remember Baldy! Tirel's leader was Olo. We did lots of heroics and a healthy amount of PvP. Once SB gets up and running I might see if any of those guys are interested in checking it out. Some of them moved on to TOR after SWG but I never got into it.
Definitely! Baldy was one of my best buddies! I was good friends with Olo as well! I thought that guild sounded very familiar, but I couldn't quite place it. Last time I saw either of them was on SWTOR. I saw Baldy maybe a year or so ago on the Harbinger server on SWTOR and I saw Olo at launch on SWTOR. I lost contact with both unfortunately.

Heroics and PvP: my bread and butter. :) I can't wait to get back into the swing of things and start doing flawless runs of Hoth around the clock! If you still have the means to contact any of those guys, that would be great! I'm sure they would at least be interested in checking SB out. I don't think any of them would disagree that SWG was a very special game for all of us.

I'm assuming you came to this emulator by yourself?

Offline amazorah

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06-01-17, 23:50:17 »
I do have Baldy's email from 5 years ago (hopefully he still uses it) and Olo's FB (but he never uses it). I'm sure I can find a way to reach at least one of them, and then the ball will roll from there!

My brother told me about Stella Bellum. He knew I was looking for something as close to what Live was when it ended. I've been checking up on SWG emu projects here and there. We tried a pre-CU one but just didn't get into it.

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07-01-17, 00:41:52 »
I do have Baldy's email from 5 years ago (hopefully he still uses it) and Olo's FB (but he never uses it). I'm sure I can find a way to reach at least one of them, and then the ball will roll from there!

My brother told me about Stella Bellum. He knew I was looking for something as close to what Live was when it ended. I've been checking up on SWG emu projects here and there. We tried a pre-CU one but just didn't get into it.
Ah okay. I think I may have also had Baldy's email at one point, but I honestly can't remember what it was. I never had Olo's personal information, but it would be cool if either one of them decided to check out Stella Bellum.

I played the swgemu on and off when SWG was still live and after it shut down. While I liked some aspects of it such as Jedi being an alpha class (was never in when I played) and more professions with plenty of variations, the game was showing its age. The combat was lackluster. The amount of content was... thin. JTL being absent, entirely, was also incredibly disappointing. I became a full template Master Swordsman/Combat Medic, but I honestly just got bored of swgemu with Jedi not being in and many other features missing.

The NGE just has so much more content and isn't nearly as dated as Pre-CU. I'm glad that someone is finally doing what seems to be the closet thing to an authentic NGE experience yet. I'm looking forward to when the live server goes up and to rebuilding my character the way he was before SOE closed the game for good. We'll definitely have to meet up in game if you are interested in doing Heroics or PvP! An lolspai is always useful!
« Last Edit: 07-01-17, 00:47:07 by aowin »

Offline amazorah

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07-01-17, 05:41:55 »
For sure! I'll also have a medic, which is even better for heroics :)

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07-01-17, 05:52:50 »
For sure! I'll also have a medic, which is even better for heroics :)
Fantastic! I'll be main tank as always, which just means we'll need an off-tank, another healer, and the DPS should be a dime a dozen! I'm really looking forward to running Heroics again. They are by far the best raids I've ever experienced in an MMO and were far superior to the operations that SWTOR had. Maybe this time I'll actually get an Exar Kun Mural after running EK over 200 times! :))

Offline grimmshadow

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07-01-17, 16:56:34 »
Nice to see some shadowfire vets! Grimmshadow and Mesacc on live. Played from server start on and off until shutdown. Member of FTP and LORE. Looking forward to getting in space!

Offline Akask

• Community Veteran
  • Force: 5
  • Never Give Up, Never Surrender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 07-01-17, 20:24:12 »
Official welcome! :D

I'll be leveling up as a Bounty Hunter and then respec-ing to a Medic (Support) after reaching 90, or perhaps 80-ish. Mostly focused on PvE, but hey, that can easily change.

I already saw you in-game, once but looking forward to keeping in touch some more!

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08-01-17, 01:30:29 »
Nice to see some shadowfire vets! Grimmshadow and Mesacc on live. Played from server start on and off until shutdown. Member of FTP and LORE. Looking forward to getting in space!
Hey there! Your name definitely sounds familiar. I'm not sure I remember FTP, but LORE definitely rings a bell. Shadowfire did have a rather special space community. I can't wait to master CorSec and reclaim my YT-1300 and AEG-77 Vigo Gunship. :)

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08-01-17, 01:37:56 »

I'll be leveling up as a Bounty Hunter and then respec-ing to a Medic (Support) after reaching 90, or perhaps 80-ish. Mostly focused on PvE, but hey, that can easily change.

I already saw you in-game, once but looking forward to keeping in touch some more!
Thanks!

We can never have too many medics, so the more the merrier! I do everything: PvP, Heroics, Space, RP, and everything in-between.

One thing you'll learn about me very quickly: I'm always interested in meeting new players! If I'm not PvPing, one thing I actually did quite a bit was help players who did not have their 5-piece jewelry sets. I ended up having over 200 tokens for every Heroic, and that was even after giving out multiple 5-piece jewelry sets to friends or to my alts.

When the server finally goes live, feel free to send me a tell in-game and perhaps we can organize something! I won't be doing much of anything early on, besides leveling my Jedi and perhaps leveling an ent and a tailor.

Offline Akask

• Community Veteran
  • Force: 5
  • Never Give Up, Never Surrender!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 08-01-17, 03:04:19 »

Thanks!

We can never have too many medics, so the more the merrier! I do everything: PvP, Heroics, Space, RP, and everything in-between.

One thing you'll learn about me very quickly: I'm always interested in meeting new players! If I'm not PvPing, one thing I actually did quite a bit was help players who did not have their 5-piece jewelry sets. I ended up having over 200 tokens for every Heroic, and that was even after giving out multiple 5-piece jewelry sets to friends or to my alts.

When the server finally goes live, feel free to send me a tell in-game and perhaps we can organize something! I won't be doing much of anything early on, besides leveling my Jedi and perhaps leveling an ent and a tailor.

I'll be happy to! We all probably won't be doing much at first anyway.

Offline Fast Eddie

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08-01-17, 03:09:29 »
I'm also from Shadowfire (2004-close).  Lots of familiar names mentioned in this post!  Good to see you guys!