Author Topic: Rebel Starships  (Read 1520 times)

Offline ambrus

• Contributor
  • Force: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Rebel Starships
« Reply #20 on: 05-01-17, 20:24:46 »
You know talking about crafting stuff makes me think of a stunt that I pulled back in the pre-cu days, when rebels could be covert. I played a wookiee weaponsmith named Gannan. Gannan was a master weaponsmith/artisan/merchant, and had some ranks in rifleman. (I liked to play with the bowcasters :) )

I was in my store near Theed when this Imperial came into my shop and asked me if I was a master weaponsmith. I had my master weaponsmith title turned on, but I said "Yep, I can make any weapon you want."

He said, "Darth Vader gave me a carbine schematic for completing the Corvette. Can you make it?"

I said, "Yep, I can make any weapon you want." :)

He said, "Well make this one." and he traded me the schematic. Before I accepted the trade, I said, "This isn't my workshop. Do yo mind if I go to my shop on Rori?"

He said, "Can you make it or not?!"

I said, "Yeah, I can make it."

He said, "Then do it." So, I accept the trade, and learned the schematic. I noticed it looked just like an E-11 carbine. So, I got out my droid and rummaged through it's inventory to see what I had to work with. I saw some old rifle barrels that I had made a long time ago, and several other components and grind materials that I had there.

I made the E-11 carbine with grind materials and components, renamed it to match the name of the carbine on the schematic and gave it to him. He was excited and claimed it was the best carbine that he had seen, tipped my like 500k and left.

I went back to my shop on Rori. Made all 5 of the carbines with the best resources that I had. I got on guild chat and told my guild mates that the first 2 master carbineers that came to my shop would get one for free, all they had to do was go overt and say hi to the Imperial that I got the schematic from. And the rest I sold to my other guild mates.

Offline snowball2052

• Contributor
  • skrub
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05-01-17, 21:19:17 »
You know talking about crafting stuff makes me think of a stunt that I pulled back in the pre-cu days, when rebels could be covert. I played a wookiee weaponsmith named Gannan. Gannan was a master weaponsmith/artisan/merchant, and had some ranks in rifleman. (I liked to play with the bowcasters :) )

I was in my store near Theed when this Imperial came into my shop and asked me if I was a master weaponsmith. I had my master weaponsmith title turned on, but I said "Yep, I can make any weapon you want."

He said, "Darth Vader gave me a carbine schematic for completing the Corvette. Can you make it?"

I said, "Yep, I can make any weapon you want." :)

He said, "Well make this one." and he traded me the schematic. Before I accepted the trade, I said, "This isn't my workshop. Do yo mind if I go to my shop on Rori?"

He said, "Can you make it or not?!"

I said, "Yeah, I can make it."

He said, "Then do it." So, I accept the trade, and learned the schematic. I noticed it looked just like an E-11 carbine. So, I got out my droid and rummaged through it's inventory to see what I had to work with. I saw some old rifle barrels that I had made a long time ago, and several other components and grind materials that I had there.

I made the E-11 carbine with grind materials and components, renamed it to match the name of the carbine on the schematic and gave it to him. He was excited and claimed it was the best carbine that he had seen, tipped my like 500k and left.

I went back to my shop on Rori. Made all 5 of the carbines with the best resources that I had. I got on guild chat and told my guild mates that the first 2 master carbineers that came to my shop would get one for free, all they had to do was go overt and say hi to the Imperial that I got the schematic from. And the rest I sold to my other guild mates.

Hot damn, I wish I could do things like that.
I'm bad at writing long messages.

Offline Dsteim

• Community Member
  • Force: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 05-01-17, 23:01:20 »
Wow 50 to 60k is very reasonable I was expecting to pay more then that at the start. I remember paying a lot extra to buy an a wing with a few hundred more mass on live.

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
  • Force: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05-01-17, 23:36:33 »
Ruthless.

Of course, I would have never given anything to someone I didn't know, regardless of faction. Definitely foolish on his part, but you sure know how to rub salt in an open wound. I'm sure he learned a valuable lesson, if he ever actually realized what truly happened.
« Last Edit: 06-01-17, 00:31:27 by aowin »

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

First Daggerfall Emperor of Cyrodiil on Bloodthorn Campaign in ESO (2014):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2juurXQyAtQ

Voted best PvP Light Side Jedi and Melee PvPer on Shadowfire in SWG (2009, 2010)

Offline creditfarmer

• Community Veteran
  • Force: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 05-01-17, 23:50:18 »
I made my first million credits in Pre-Cu in a similar manner; buying and relisting things on the bazaar while advertising\spamming my Master Slicing business in Coronet.  It was a slow credit grind buying things @4k that I knew would sell at 20K.  Doing that to someone's vendor sounds savage. 
Co-Founder of SONS
Sqeeto Vandap - Elder Master LSJ Lowca>Bria
Kujoo - Elder MBH>MUSmuggler - Lowca>Bria
Grocer - MBH - Bria
Inkogneedo - MSpy - Bria

Offline ambrus

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 06-01-17, 03:29:59 »
Ruthless.

Of course, I would have never given anything to someone I didn't know, regardless of faction. Definitely foolish on his part, but you sure know how to rub salt in an open wound. I'm sure he learned a valuable lesson, if he ever actually realized what truly happened.

I was actually trying to be nice to the guy and let him know that I probably wasn't the weaponsmith for him, and if he was willing to go all the way back to Rori with me, then I would have actually made him a good carbine even though he wasn't the same faction. I would have probably compensated him for the remainder of the schem too.  Then he got curt and demanding with me, and I just thought "Ya know bud, here's what I got for you."

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06-01-17, 03:35:57 »
I was actually trying to be nice to the guy and let him know that I probably wasn't the weaponsmith for him, and if he was willing to go all the way back to Rori with me, then I would have actually made him a good carbine even though he wasn't the same faction. I would have probably compensated him for the remainder of the schem too.  Then he got curt and demanding with me, and I just thought "Ya know bud, here's what I got for you."
Fair enough. The extra context provided a more encompassing narrative that made your actions more understandable. I definitely agree he was foolish and you certainly did not owe him anything, especially given how he treated you. If I were in his shoes, I definitely would have never even put myself in that situation. Always best to go with someone you know rather than someone you don't know.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Voted best PvP Light Side Jedi and Melee PvPer on Shadowfire in SWG (2009, 2010)

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • Force: 65
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06-01-17, 13:39:05 »
Ruthless.

I'm deciding whether he's a RPer or just a newb.... LOL

Either way awesome story!

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06-01-17, 14:46:59 »
I'm deciding whether he's a RPer or just a newb.... LOL

Either way awesome story!
I'm more inclined to believe the guy was either really young (possibly not even a teenager), or just an idiot. Not many people would be that gullible or that trusting of complete strangers unless they just don't know any better.

Offline PaperSun

• Community Member
  • Force: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06-01-17, 17:26:18 »
Yeah, I think I was like that as well, I'd build stuff for free for Guildmates to help the Guild get along and progress, for the vendors I did everything for what I thought was good value. 

I did like the buzz that having the vendor gave me as it was a bit of a social thing as well as it led to joining customers with their missions in space and then also with my alt on the ground.  I've been looking through some screenshots and can see some great memories there of blowing stuff away in space and getting butchered by the Katarn on Kashykk!! 

I think the starting point for me was being able to make stuff that I needed as a pilot and then starting to make the same kind of thing to sell on the bazaar to fund my need for quality resources.  I seem to recall building as high mass starting ships as possible as a starting point.  I set my vendors up afterwards and then when I transferred to Farstar set them up from scratch in the Guild city of Stars on Lok. 

I did also get into the space mining as well and used to produce components and stuff using the mined asteroids.  And I can recall the field of miners I had outside the front of my house that was mining 24/7 to keep me in resources - shipwright was one resource hungry profession!!

Offline ambrus

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 07-01-17, 00:24:31 »
Yeah, that was one of my favorite things too. I loved going into space, and I loved building ships. I tried not to buy resources if I could help it though. Good resources were hard to find at a decent price so, I tried to harvest my own most of the time. Like you having harvesters running 24/7. I tried to sell any excess resources when I could, but that wasn't very often. You use up a lot building ships! The times that I did put some good stuff up for sale, it usually got snatched up right away.

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • Force: 65
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 07-01-17, 05:03:15 »
Hehe. Well hopefully you ended up teaching him a little about that, on that day.

Offline ambrus

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07-01-17, 07:14:15 »
Hopefully he was a little nicer to the next crafter he met. :)

Offline starrunner

• Sr. Community Member
  • Force: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 07-01-17, 08:21:46 »
I equipped Bellbullabs for free to my guildies and used a lot of REd stuff myselves.
With so many deeds being offeed as reward, the complete ship can actually be for free if invested the time.
So, you can grind creds buying the parts, make a SW crafting the parts or play the game, getting the parts.

It all takes some time, and it all is fun and called playing the game
Old Smuggy, Medic, Offy, Jedi, Spy, Commando and crafters
Master pilot all factions/squadrons