Author Topic: Melee BH + BH/BM Suggestions/Builds.  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Lordofgravy

• Contributor
  • Force: 6
    • View Profile
Melee BH + BH/BM Suggestions/Builds.
« on: 03-01-17, 15:22:26 »
1H Slash+Pistol BH  PVE/RP Mand'alor

http://www.oekevo.org/expertisecalculator/index.html?e=6d89d3274-694e75be32b1d-0-11
My goal is to make a build based around the combat style of "Pre Vizsla". He was a human male Mandalorian from "The Clone Wars" era. His weapons were a pistol in combination with the Darksaber. Visla was a warrior by nature and fought viciously against the Jedi. He often charged into battle wearing Mandalorian “Supercommando” armor and a Jetpack.

2H Blunt+Lightning BH PVE/RP Holy Avenger

http://www.oekevo.org/expertisecalculator/index.html?e=5eafbc509-4e3390e74fc28-0-11
I have always loved the Paladin classes in Everquest, Diablo 2, and WOW. Put a 2h Blunt weapon into the hands of a well trained Bounty Hunter and watch him become an Undead Killing machine. Shields, Hots, Self Heals, Thorns, and a few Debuffs make it easy to RP as a Paladin on Dathomir. Smiting the undead with a few well places lightning bolts never felt so good!

Thank you for everyone on TC for helping me with the creation of this build. Your time and patience has been appreciated.

ATTRIBUTES
I use a mix of 35's: Con/Agi/Str/Lck.

*Constitution: Each point grants 8 health and 2 action points.

*Strength: Each point grants 0.005% block chance, 0.5 block value, 0.01% hit chance, and 0.33 melee damage.

*Agility: Each point of agility grants 0.01% dodge, 0.005% parry and 0.01% evasion chance.

*Luck: Each point grants 0.0033% dodge, 0.0033% evasion chance, 0.1% evasion value, 0.0033% critical hit chance, 0.005% strikethrough chance, and 0.1% strikethrough value.

POWER UPS & ARMOR/CLOTHING/WEAPON ATTACHMENTS
POWER UPS: Weapon Acr + 2X Weapon Dmg
EXOTIC ARMOR/CLOTHING ATTACHMETNS: Weapon Crit + Weapon Acr + Weapon Dmg

WEAPONS
Weapon Dmg: Acid (Melee) + Heat (Ranged)

TC BEST RESOURCES WEAPON

Weapons that use heat damage have a chance to cause a DOT in which the target will catch fire. The duration is 6 seconds and each tick of the Heat DoT will be 750 before mitigation. Each tick is 2 seconds apart and there will be a total of 3 ticks.

Weapons that use acid damage dissolves armor on the intended target. The procedure effect will increase the chance on the target to recieve a critical hit by 75% for 3 seconds. Acid damage goes well with the skill Advanced Ambush.This is an extended line of Ambush special attacks that increases critical chance and lowers target's armor rating by applying the Armor Break debuff. The Armor Break debuff stacks up to 5 times per target.

HEROIC JEWELRY SET
This build is ACTION HEAVY so I go with the Enforcer's Set.A full Melee build will not be using RIFLE EFFICIENCY or SMALL ARMS EFFICIENCY. So this puts Unarmed /1H / 2H/ Polearm at a disadvantage. This set also works nicely with the skill Return Fire. (Works with melee weapons.)

Skill Mods
Assault Action Cost: 1
Ambush Action Cost: 1
Return Fire Duration: 1
Assault Cooldown: 1
5 Piece Bonus:

+10 Assault Action Cost.
+10 Ambush Action Cost.
+10 sec. Return Fire Duration.
1.0 sec. reduction to Assault Cooldown.
75 sec reduction to Return Fire Cooldown.

ROTATION + SKILL PRIORITY

OPENING ROTATION: Prescience>Ambush> Assault> Return Fire> Razor Net> Burn> Ambush> Assault> Fumble> Dreadstrike

If a Target tries to run: Cripple> Ambush> Assault

Self Heal: Heal> Duelist Stance> Stim

Assault is our primary source of single target damage. Spam this ability. Make sure you put 3 skill points into INTENSE ASSAULT to increase the damage of your Assault specials.

Always refresh RETURN FIRE (Return Damage/Thorns),FLAMETHROWER (Cone DMG), and RAZORNET (Area Effect DOT/Slow) after cooldown. I would not suggest using FLAMETHROWER in Dungeons or Instances as it wall clips.

5 Stacks of AMBUSH DEBUFF, refresh when necessary. ADVANCED AMBUSH expertise allows the AMBUSH special attacks to increases critical chance and lowers target's armor rating by applying the Armor Break debuff. The Armor Break debuff stacks up to 5 times per target. In managing our action consumption we utilize Ambush (Mark 3) to proc the debuff.

Dread Strike + Fumble:These two abilities complement each other well. When activated you will reduce a targets damage potential, reduce its ability to heal, and force glancing blows from the target.

When I pop my"BUBBLE" SHIELDS I try to use low cost action abilities, heals, and primary attacks. Shield surrounds us in a powerful energy shield that absorbs incoming attacks. Absorbed attacks will weaken the shield but that power is directed into your own outgoing attacks. This bonus damage will fade after a short time. This will give us much needed time to allow our Stamina levels to refresh and mitigate our incoming damage while allowing us a boots in damage output.

Melee BH/BM COMING SOON.

Current Build Jan. 9 2017

Any suggestions would be appreciated! I am going to continue to update this build. Thank you.
« Last Edit: 15-01-17, 22:05:23 by Lordofgravy »

Offline mcbear

• Community Member
  • Force: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Melee BH/BM Suggestions.
« Reply #1 on: 03-01-17, 15:39:34 »
I don't know anything about melee BH. However, the suit you're trying seems fine. Something I found useful for my BH/BM that you may like to try is a spider. I really only used this pet for hunting tanky targets like Jedi or Commandos. Spiders have an ability called puncture that strikes through armor as well as a very high damage poison DOT that really puts a hurt on Jedi.

Offline Lordofgravy

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04-01-17, 20:48:43 »
Thank you, yeah not much out there on Melee BH...I have found some stuff saying I should focus on CON/AGI/STR, stack a more defensive base and use pups and exotics to capitalize on dmg.  When the TC gets back up I think ill keep playing with a PVE build.

I like what swgQCP posted about builds/tactics/pets...this may help you as well

https://youtu.be/0Ko1GvCqYm4

I tried every attribute combination and I can still do 3x more damage on my melee smuggler/bm.....so looks like im sticking with smuggler. Hope on day melee BH are viable.
« Last Edit: 05-01-17, 08:33:55 by Lordofgravy »

Offline Lordofgravy

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06-01-17, 20:48:08 »
I'm thinking about using this Melee build now. Based off of Pre Vizsla who used both Melee and Pistols. Dropping BM. I could pull + ranged snare / aoe drop with the pistol ( sadly melee can not use flamethrower)  macro switching to a melee weapon or vise versa. As a reminder this is for PVE because I suck at pvp :)

I will still stack STR/PRE/AGI..
Run 2x weapon dmg  / acr power ups (maybe doge instad of weapon dmg)
Exotics will either be weapon dodge/crit/acr or dmg/crit/acr

I got a lot of testing to do but I liked how this played on tc

http://www.oekevo.org/expertisecalculator/index.html?e=aa884df255-6a64089063260-0-11
« Last Edit: 08-01-17, 19:49:33 by Lordofgravy »

Offline Barronwasteland

• Community Member
  • Force: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07-01-17, 04:33:54 »
I ran BH from pre cu when you had to be master marksman and master scout to access BH until they shut the server. When they added BM I had several pets like a Klicknik for dots, Brakeset for stuns and a sludge panther for raw damage, I would just switch them out depending on the character I was hunting and it worked great. I cannot wait to run BH/BM again.
Barron Wasteland

The most interesting man in the Universe

Offline Lordofgravy

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07-01-17, 05:29:06 »
I ran BH from pre cu when you had to be master marksman and master scout to access BH until they shut the server. When they added BM I had several pets like a Klicknik for dots, Brakeset for stuns and a sludge panther for raw damage, I would just switch them out depending on the character I was hunting and it worked great. I cannot wait to run BH/BM again.

Yeah I miss my army of crystal snakes and my launcher pistol