Author Topic: Pilots. Who else is getting squirrelly?  (Read 970 times)

Offline JekVanno

• SWG Chief Petty Officer
  • Force: 39
    • View Profile
Pilots. Who else is getting squirrelly?
« on: 02-01-17, 23:09:08 »
Who else is getting squirrelly on TC?  Stepping down to that starter ship is going to be rough.  No parts on the server... there's gonna be some fast and dirty RE projects happening.

[TC Ingame] Jek Vanno and Replicant-VII    [Offers] Dantooine Pirate Outpost

[copy/paste]   /way orange dantooine 1228 -6132 Tech Outpost 7 -Dant Pirate

Offline rokalfreelight

• Community Member
  • Force: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Pilots. Who else is getting squirrelly?
« Reply #1 on: 03-01-17, 04:02:13 »
actually this sort of makes me excited.. on live, people were able to get shipwrights maxed out very easily due to the fact they had resources gathered from before, on eclipse some of the resources they had even were exceptioanlly good for many parts.

The idea of starting from scratch, working for those reverse engineered parts, struggling through it all is quite exciting to me.

I want to see people teaming up to take on the corvette for their ace mission, or for tougher missions.

This could lead to that, and i think that'll be more fun.

Offline citizen1367

• Sr. Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04-01-17, 10:58:32 »
I'm really hoping we get a robust space scene going. I think the chances are good. I'm very excited to see who will rise to the top in all aspects of JTL. We're going to have the unbeatable pvp pilots, the richer than sin shipwrights, and even the industrious asteroid miners. It's going to be great.

Offline starrunner

• Sr. Community Member
  • Force: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04-01-17, 11:07:07 »
Looking forward too it :-)
Back to "single" XP and a real STARTER ship will be fun.
(I'll have a SW ready soon to get me upgrades :-) )

First PVP and "kessel-runs"......GOD...the wait...It's here soon now :-)
Old Smuggy, Medic, Offy, Jedi, Spy, Commando and crafters
Master pilot all factions/squadrons

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • Force: 65
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04-01-17, 14:31:36 »
It's looking like Space will be pretty much filled up to the brim with pilots :)

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
  • Force: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04-01-17, 17:26:31 »
I'm looking forward to getting Master Pilot and reclaiming my gunship. I'm undecided if I'll commit any time and effort to Deep Space. JTL was never very balanced with the A-Wing (and interceptors in general) having a tiny hit box, the JSF's hit box never being fixed, and a lot of "ace pilots" just spamming torpedos for kills.

I am looking forward to killing tier 6 black sun for hours on end until I reclaim by Black Sun Ace Helmet.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

First Daggerfall Emperor of Cyrodiil on Bloodthorn Campaign in ESO (2014):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2juurXQyAtQ

Voted best PvP Light Side Jedi and Melee PvPer on Shadowfire in SWG (2009, 2010)

Offline clanmackay

• Community Member
  • Force: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04-01-17, 19:34:19 »
Can't wait though its going to be a grind again to get Ace again, though I think I will level 2 toons and run with my smuggler first and commando 2nd and work towards my gunship and YT, I though might try to start a vendor too or wait and see who. Space mining is definitely something I miss too was a good way to make creds.

Offline Fast Eddie

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06-01-17, 04:22:55 »
I'm pumped about space!  JTL was, hands down, my favorite part of SWG.  Can't wait to get my shipwright up and running to support my pilots.  Will probably also have a droid engineer.  Plan to do all 9 squadrons at some point - but want to get a master pilot for Imp, Reb, and Neutral at the same time, first.

Offline lordkrux3d

• Community Member
  • Demon Hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06-01-17, 04:30:11 »
Imperial Navy for the win!
Signed
Lord Krux

Offline grimmshadow

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07-01-17, 16:43:08 »
Just found this place this morning. Finally!! Someone has done JTL! Shadowfire vet here and we had quite the space community. Lots of good pilots, player run space events and competitions. Really miss it! Looking forward to getting back into things!

Offline JekVanno

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07-01-17, 17:00:23 »
For anyone who hasn't been able to poke into all the corners on TC, I can tell you it's all there.  Kessel, Deep Space, and the new Ord Mantell sector that came with the shipwright crafting and pilot tweaks.  Even the loot parts vendor who sells specific levels, specific parts, in exchange for duty mission tokens.  It's all there and flies like a dream.

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08-01-17, 00:47:13 »
Just found this place this morning. Finally!! Someone has done JTL! Shadowfire vet here and we had quite the space community. Lots of good pilots, player run space events and competitions. Really miss it! Looking forward to getting back into things!
Nice to see another Shadowfire vet here! I agree that one of the biggest drawbacks to the swgemu, and most emulators, was the lack of JTL. The space experience just brings so much to SWG that the game is literally half of what it should be without it.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Voted best PvP Light Side Jedi and Melee PvPer on Shadowfire in SWG (2009, 2010)

Offline MajorTom

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08-01-17, 01:04:06 »
For anyone who hasn't been able to poke into all the corners on TC, I can tell you it's all there.  Kessel, Deep Space, and the new Ord Mantell sector that came with the shipwright crafting and pilot tweaks.  Even the loot parts vendor who sells specific levels, specific parts, in exchange for duty mission tokens.  It's all there and flies like a dream.

Hmm, I must have been doing something wrong then. I was just playing a little while ago as a rebel pilot in an x-wing. I went to the Rebel deep space station and marked myself as overt. Despite all that, I couldn't interact with the station in any way to access deep space. I was like 9 years old when I last played this game so I think I missed a few details on how to do things. Not sure if that's the case here, where I'm missing something obvious or if this is just a bug.

Offline donjuanpeyote

• Community Member
  • "There is no emotion, there is peace." -Jedi Code
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08-01-17, 04:02:44 »
so i figured this would be the best place to post this question, how do you get back into the pilots seat in a multi crew ship once you leave it? im not sure if its a bug or if im just stupid, cuz 2 toons now are stuck in space lol

Offline JekVanno

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08-01-17, 04:14:31 »

Hmm, I must have been doing something wrong then. I was just playing a little while ago as a rebel pilot in an x-wing. I went to the Rebel deep space station and marked myself as overt. Despite all that, I couldn't interact with the station in any way to access deep space. I was like 9 years old when I last played this game so I think I missed a few details on how to do things. Not sure if that's the case here, where I'm missing something obvious or if this is just a bug.

Make sure it's the right space station, there's more than one rebel station in dantooine.  Easiest way is to open the sector map, right click the poi, and "autopilot to".  That'll turn you in the right direction then you can take the stick.  Target the station with x when it's under your reticle.  Sometimes you gotta wave around a bit to target large stations when you're close... don't know why.  When you're within 500m or so, type /comm in the chatbox.
« Last Edit: 08-01-17, 04:16:45 by JekVanno »

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 08-01-17, 04:31:25 »
so i figured this would be the best place to post this question, how do you get back into the pilots seat in a multi crew ship once you leave it? im not sure if its a bug or if im just stupid, cuz 2 toons now are stuck in space lol

Make sure to target and radial (tilde key) the pilot's chair and you should be able to use it.

Offline JekVanno

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08-01-17, 04:39:18 »

A couple different ways.  The "L" key will get you out of the chair, but it seems like you know that one.  You can radial the chair with the tilde ~ and select to get back in, or use /pilot or /unpilot command from the the chatbox.  No targeting needed, and you'll hop in the seat from anywhere on the bridge.

I actually unbind the L key so I don't get out of the chair by accident. Yes. I did that.
« Last Edit: 08-01-17, 04:40:58 by JekVanno »

Offline MajorTom

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08-01-17, 05:10:36 »
Make sure it's the right space station, there's more than one rebel station in dantooine.  Easiest way is to open the sector map, right click the poi, and "autopilot to".  That'll turn you in the right direction then you can take the stick.  Target the station with x when it's under your reticle.  Sometimes you gotta wave around a bit to target large stations when you're close... don't know why.  When you're within 500m or so, type /comm in the chatbox.

Was the right station for sure, I did all you said with the autopilot thing. Flew around it in spirals for a good 20 minutes haha. I didn't know about the /comm command though, so I'll try that out tomorrow! I can't wait to get blasted to bits in the far reaches of space :D