Author Topic: Don't hate me, hows the testing?  (Read 19313 times)

Offline corpralhicks82

• Community Member
  • Force: 1
  • The best way to predict the future is to invent it
    • View Profile
Re: Don't hate me, hows the testing?
« Reply #260 on: 03-01-17, 23:02:54 »
TC is up and running :)

Galactic Alliance - Guild Leader

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
  • Force: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 04-01-17, 00:17:16 »
Well it's good to hear that server issues are not nearly as severe as we first thought. Hopefully, this first test of a soft launch will provide valuable information to the team so that they correct any issues and lead to a smoother experience in the near future.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

First Daggerfall Emperor of Cyrodiil on Bloodthorn Campaign in ESO (2014):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2juurXQyAtQ

Voted best PvP Light Side Jedi and Melee PvPer on Shadowfire in SWG (2009, 2010)

Offline marunic

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 04-01-17, 00:41:41 »
so glad to hear progress has been saved! love you devs <3

Offline Ibirx

• Sr. Community Member
  • Force: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 04-01-17, 00:58:06 »
Having been one of those that knew nothing of the soft launch, despite checking the 'Is it Live' thread every half hour, I can't help but feel disappointment when I hear it had already been live for however many hours and subsequently crashed. I understand the reasoning behind why they did this, of course, yet still cant help but feel a bit let down. Any advantage gained, despite how small or insignificant of an advantage it may be, is still an advantage.
Having said that, I'm also firmly in the camp of 'They're doing this in their free time; they owe me nothing, etc.' so not going to bitch, moan or whinge. Just saying my piece and moving along, moving along.

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 04-01-17, 01:13:54 »
Having been one of those that knew nothing of the soft launch, despite checking the 'Is it Live' thread every half hour, I can't help but feel disappointment when I hear it had already been live for however many hours and subsequently crashed. I understand the reasoning behind why they did this, of course, yet still cant help but feel a bit let down. Any advantage gained, despite how small or insignificant of an advantage it may be, is still an advantage.
Having said that, I'm also firmly in the camp of 'They're doing this in their free time; they owe me nothing, etc.' so not going to bitch, moan or whinge. Just saying my piece and moving along, moving along.
While I can understand frustration of not being there right as the gates open, there really isn't much of an advantage to gain at this point in SWG. There is no economy. There is no foundation or endgame presence. Even if someone reached level 90 already, they simply would be unable to do most of the content in the game as it stands.

Until crafters in all sectors and industries have built a respectable amount of product, and until players have the means and the gear to tackle harder content, no one really has an advantage. I wouldn't even be opposed to a wipe, and I was able to get to level 10 before the server buckled under the pressure.

I'm more interested to see how this game has developed months from now than being concerned with trying to have the earliest start out of everybody else. Slow and steady wins the race in this game.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Voted best PvP Light Side Jedi and Melee PvPer on Shadowfire in SWG (2009, 2010)

Offline marunic

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 04-01-17, 01:34:54 »

Basically what Aowin said, no need to worry! soft launch was so messed up with logging you probably didnt miss much

Offline Ubiquitous

• Sr. Community Member
  • Force: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 04-01-17, 05:44:03 »
I played for about 2 hours. got to level 8. Really not much of any advantage. People were just grinding/getting use to playing again. I saw a few groups of 3 people killing tusken raiders, others just doing delivery missions, etc. I would imagine the most behind you could be at this point is a few hours of playing, and I bet not many are grinding non-stop. No crafts, etc yet. Long way to go until there is even a resemblance of an economy. Until then, its mission terms, and xp grinding.

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 04-01-17, 06:06:46 »
I played for about 2 hours. got to level 8. Really not much of any advantage. People were just grinding/getting use to playing again. I saw a few groups of 3 people killing tusken raiders, others just doing delivery missions, etc. I would imagine the most behind you could be at this point is a few hours of playing, and I bet not many are grinding non-stop. No crafts, etc yet. Long way to go until there is even a resemblance of an economy. Until then, its mission terms, and xp grinding.
Unless you are just the type to hoard resources and try to sell them for insane prices when they are no longer available months later, I just don't understand why some of these posters believe those who played for a few hours have such an unfair advantage.

I question if any of these posters have ever actually played Star Wars Galaxies. Especially an SWG with no economy and no infrastructure, it's going to be a very long and grueling process for everybody. There really isn't an advantage to be found anywhere and getting to level 90 will be the least of our troubles.

I'm going to stick to doing the Legacy Quest and Expansion content, myself. I will only grind as a last resort, provided I don't have enough experience to reach level 90 beforehand. I still have nightmares of grinding spiders, nonstop, on Dathomir for days. I'll avoid that at any cost.

Offline Ibirx

• Sr. Community Member
  • Force: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 04-01-17, 09:04:45 »
Having played on Reborn at launch, then Legends, I know exactly what playing SWG with no economy nor infrastructure is like, but you seem to missing the point. How little or how much of an advantage gained is completely irrelevant. The fact that some people were given the opportunity to get an advantage is the point.
Whilst I strongly believe it was never their intention it all came across a bit shady, especially for those of us that have been watching and waiting for months. It seems that those who can stand the toxicity of Discord got the invite, those who avoid it like the plague, did not.
Still, not a whinge nor rant, just merely showing my point of view. Life goes on and I shall be there come live

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 04-01-17, 09:22:17 »
Having played on Reborn at launch, then Legends, I know exactly what playing SWG with no economy nor infrastructure is like, but you seem to missing the point. How little or how much of an advantage gained is completely irrelevant. The fact that some people were given the opportunity to get an advantage is the point.
Whilst I strongly believe it was never their intention it all came across a bit shady, especially for those of us that have been watching and waiting for months. It seems that those who can stand the toxicity of Discord got the invite, those who avoid it like the plague, did not.
Still, not a whinge nor rant, just merely showing my point of view. Life goes on and I shall be there come live
I understand your point. I just believe it's ultimately a frivolous criticism. What the dev team was doing, which was actually slowly ramping up activity of the live server, is not very different from what AAA developers call "early access." Technically, those individuals in early access get to play the game before the official launch and their progress isn't wiped. Is that somehow unfair as well? Early Access has become a rather common practice in the gaming industry. Especially with regard to a project such as this, it's not as if millions of players were participating in this unannounced "soft launch." I doubt many knew at all, and again the actual impact of it is so minuscule it doesn't actually matter.

Offline Kriegmacher

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 14-01-18, 01:39:52 »
While I can understand frustration of not being there right as the gates open, there really isn't much of an advantage to gain at this point in SWG. There is no economy. There is no foundation or endgame presence. Even if someone reached level 90 already, they simply would be unable to do most of the content in the game as it stands.

Until crafters in all sectors and industries have built a respectable amount of product, and until players have the means and the gear to tackle harder content, no one really has an advantage. I wouldn't even be opposed to a wipe, and I was able to get to level 10 before the server buckled under the pressure.

I'm more interested to see how this game has developed months from now than being concerned with trying to have the earliest start out of everybody else. Slow and steady wins the race in this game.

So much go fuck yourself.

You were 100% wrong about EVERYTHING.

Where's your live server, gobscheidt?

Offline brian

• Community Member
  • Force: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 09-03-18, 09:52:04 »
Lol
 folks are starting to promote other servers on the discord and such now.