Author Topic: Roleplay event possibilities  (Read 920 times)

Offline Trixie

• Contributor
  • Force: 2
    • View Profile
Roleplay event possibilities
« on: 01-01-17, 05:38:42 »
So, sitting here at a new year's eve party and thinking about Stella Roleplay and stuff. What events have you seen and enjoyed, what would you like to see happen here, even if (or especially if) you don't organize it.

Ewok love day date auctions, especially when the people who were auctioned off ended up on a hunting trip to get resources for a chef, or something like that.

Happy 'hour' at a bar, or 'ladies night'

City or business grand opening, especially if the GMs got involved (*sob* I mix Pex)

Fight club

Galactic Moon Festival costume contests.

Nomad Market (I really, really miss the nomad markets) which was an irregularly scheduled IC selling 'stuff' event. Tents were decorated and used as small shops, storyteller items filled out the 'under the radar' event. It changed location, planet, and day/time and was usually set up the day before.

Offline elkore

• Contributor
  • Force: 3
  • I am So kewl Omg!
    • View Profile
Re: Roleplay event possibilities
« Reply #1 on: 01-01-17, 05:39:51 »
Oooooh , Lol

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • Force: 65
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01-01-17, 05:44:24 »
God Yes. All the event possibilities.

I loved going to cities that had StoryTeller stuff going on. :3

Offline Kecidek

• Elder
  • Force: 12
  • Guns, cats, and computers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01-01-17, 06:48:25 »
Roleplaying a stormtrooper batallion on Valcyn was always super fun

Offline kap

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01-01-17, 15:51:53 »
Roleplaying a stormtrooper batallion on Valcyn was always super fun

Factional RP and seeing well-organized RP between Imp and Rebel guilds was always my most favorite thing to see in the streets, but as far as events go? Slave auctions, community market situations, and fight club were -definitely- up there.

Something else I enjoyed were city-wide story arcs, where people who lived in the city could get to know their neighbors and all have a sense of doing something together. The storyteller system REALLY helped cities with all the props and effects, but I think it was almost underutilized since it was released pretty late into the game.

Offline Zaydah

• Community Veteran
  • Force: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01-01-17, 16:03:29 »
MY favorite roleplay events were the nomad market, Celox's trial and the exploration through the abandoned mine on Lok

Offline Zogeta

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02-01-17, 01:04:16 »
I'd love some sort of huge cantina event early on in the first couple weeks. Something to christen the new server, you know? People can branch off into their quests and stuff from there, but we'd all be well into the RP by then so it would supplement the post party activities.

Offline meepy

• Community Member
  • Force: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04-01-17, 00:53:14 »
Nomad Market!! I was just talking to someone the other day about this. (I also -just- found my way to these forums. \o/ woo!) I am in full support and will offer my best ability to help if possible to have these sorts of things going again. :)

Also I'm super excited to see Trixie here. I was part of starsider RP and I always enjoyed your rp and input in the community.
Meep!

Offline ryan404000

• Sr. Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04-01-17, 01:06:36 »
Nomad Market, god I miss those!!

Offline Zaydah

• Community Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04-01-17, 01:18:18 »
I would imagine the first couple of weeks people will be grinding and getting their toon set up.  although a bunch of noobs in noob clothing on a trek through the desert could be fun

Offline Onasaki

• Community Member
  • Force: 0
  • Adiik Darasuum
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04-01-17, 02:13:59 »
I would imagine the first couple of weeks people will be grinding and getting their toon set up.  although a bunch of noobs in noob clothing on a trek through the desert could be fun

I'm up for that.

Offline Decilation

• SWG Ensign
  • Force: 65
  • A Relic of the Past.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04-01-17, 07:00:25 »

I'm up for that.
Massive groups for COMPNOR bonuses! Go go go!

Offline clanmackay

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04-01-17, 19:05:59 »
X-Starsider here and I miss the nomad markets and the weekly Freighter runs out of Farpoint to Ord Mantel station and I do recall the freighter runs someone else started where you ended up being stopped by Imperials patroling and if the dice roll had come up you either passed and went on your way or were boarded. I miss this aspect of the game. And so far no other game matches this game.

Offline Zaydah

• Community Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04-01-17, 19:12:17 »

I'm up for that.
Massive groups for COMPNOR bonuses! Go go go!

I imagine you could even have traders in group and they would be looking for concentrations of water and others would kill mobs/or heal along the way.  Of course this is the slower way of doing things so would not appeal to many

Offline Trixie

• Contributor
  • Force: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04-01-17, 19:49:12 »
I'm really glad to see no overt trolling of the RP forum here. As I have said many times, most roleplayers are people who have mastered the areas of the game that interest them, and look to roleplaying to keep their interest. Which is why insulting Anishor and then going to space PVP was a really, really, really bad idea. Or telling a roleplay trader that they were stupid....and never being able to buy from them ever again.

But I digress.  Cantina Crawls, remember those? Also, no matter how much time you allotted for storyteller props, it always took longer than you expected.

Offline Zaydah

• Community Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 04-01-17, 19:53:35 »
I'm really glad to see no overt trolling of the RP forum here. As I have said many times, most roleplayers are people who have mastered the areas of the game that interest them, and look to roleplaying to keep their interest. Which is why insulting Anishor and then going to space PVP was a really, really, really bad idea. Or telling a roleplay trader that they were stupid....and never being able to buy from them ever again.

But I digress.  Cantina Crawls, remember those? Also, no matter how much time you allotted for storyteller props, it always took longer than you expected.

omg Anishor, forgot about him!  Good times.  I look forward to see what evolves here. 

Offline clingingmars

• Sr. Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05-01-17, 01:13:01 »
This is all Greek to me but I look forward to seeing what happens and being a part of it.

Offline ryan404000

• Sr. Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05-01-17, 01:40:08 »
This is all Greek to me but I look forward to seeing what happens and being a part of it.

Nomad Market was an IC market that happened once a month iirc, always at a different location on a different planet and had traders/players coming out and selling all their stuff, both IC stuff and OOC stuff out of tents and small Storyteller prop displays. Anishor was a wookiee who was basically famous on Starsider for his rebel RP and space abilities.

Offline clingingmars

• Sr. Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05-01-17, 02:09:08 »
Ah cool thanks.

Offline drannon

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05-01-17, 17:44:12 »
Aside from mini-events with a guild, friends or random players, I really enjoyed Cantina Crawling.  And the fact that so many players rolled Entertainers (active, mind you, not afk-macro'ing) made the experience so much better.  It's great to see folks in the roleplay community putting in effort for great events like these.  I'm excited for SWG-SB to go live, and I'm also excited to see a few names I recognize from Starsider!
I don't have a problem with alcohol.  I have a problem without it!