Sticky Topic

Author Topic: SB - Launcher [Updated 1-12-17]  (Read 27612 times)

Offline corpralhicks82

• Community Member
  • Force: 1
  • The best way to predict the future is to invent it
    • View Profile
Re: SB - Launcher [Updated 1-12-17]
« Reply #80 on: 15-01-17, 20:06:43 »
Everything running smoothly now!

Galactic Alliance - Guild Leader

Offline lintpreslar

• Community Member
  • Force: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 15-01-17, 22:23:40 »
Is the launcher supposed to be missing?
If you kept it within the SWG folder it will delete itself. The launcher folder needs to be separate.

But to clarify - (everything works so I'm assuming its working correctly) The launcher and its file exist in a separate folder elsewhere from the SWG directory... Ran the Stella.Launcher.updater .exe and it seemed to update all the patch files, and automatically redirect the executable in the SWG folder. (SWGClient_R.exe) When i originally downloaded this, the SB Launcher tutorial stated there was an installation process. However It didn't "install" or create any directories for SB Launcher. So everything seems to be working perfectly fine - it just installed quite differently than the SB guide advised it would.

Regardless i'm having an incredible time and an incredible blast of nostalgia flying around. Great work and Cheers!

I'm sorry.  I meant the installer package.

Offline sobotage

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 16-01-17, 04:10:46 »
Launcher is fine i just cant login it constantly says connecting . Any suggestions?
The live server isn't online yet.
« Last Edit: 16-01-17, 04:12:22 by sobotage »

Offline bahdasz

• Contributor
  • Force: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 16-01-17, 07:57:05 »
Sorry to be techno-ignorant, but.... I just found out about the jan 12 update, and when I try to download it off googledocs there are 4 things there.   Do I need all 4?  One of them keeps popping a message "can't find program, search for program on internet?" one of them is a .rar file that I thought it says I only need to if I'm using some other emu's files.   Or maybe I'm wrong?  Which one do I need?  I downloaded the launcher a month or so ago, and since then there was one update and I downloaded that too, but this one confuses me.

Like I said I'm sorry but I don't get it.  I'm a 'push button, stuff works' kind of person when it comes to computers, anything more complicated than that and I need help.   Can you please provide some more in-detail instructions for people like me?   Thanks
« Last Edit: 16-01-17, 08:04:49 by bahdasz »

Offline Enthor

• Sr. Community Member
  • Force: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 16-01-17, 11:21:04 »
Sharp looking launcher.

Offline burgerfanny

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 28-01-17, 01:10:11 »
Linux procedures.  Please test and correct if you're a Linux user:

Using Ubuntu 16 with the latest playonlinux and wine 1.7.53.
Download stella_launcher_v1.exe

Where do I download stella_launcher_v1.exe from?

Offline lasod

• Advisor
  • Force: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 29-01-17, 20:54:15 »
Linux procedures.  Please test and correct if you're a Linux user:

Using Ubuntu 16 with the latest playonlinux and wine 1.7.53.
Download stella_launcher_v1.exe

Where do I download stella_launcher_v1.exe from?

you dont, you quoted a post from january 2nd, the game is now using launcher3.1 and the link for the launcher is in teh op of this thread
  - screw you photobucket im not paying

Offline achilleslastand

• Community Member
  • Force: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 31-01-17, 02:28:01 »
Confused as to how the installation works, installed it onto my SWG file and no launcher on desktop? Are you supposed to launch it from the launcher.exe in the folder? If so, how does the updater update when it needs to?
Any advice?

Offline JekVanno

• SWG Chief Petty Officer
  • Force: 39
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 31-01-17, 06:03:47 »
Confused as to how the installation works, installed it onto my SWG file and no launcher on desktop? Are you supposed to launch it from the launcher.exe in the folder? If so, how does the updater update when it needs to?
Any advice?

Make sure the launcher is in a separate file away from the game file.  After you run the launcher once and point it where it's supposed to load, go inside the launcher file and right click the Stella Launcher .exe.  Click 'create shortcut' to your desktop.  Right click that new shortcut and under the 'shortcut' tab, click advanced, then click 'run as administrator'.  Apply and save.  You can decorate the shortcut with an an icon if you like.
[TC Ingame] Jek Vanno and Replicant-VII    [Offers] Dantooine Pirate Outpost

[copy/paste]   /way orange dantooine 1228 -6132 Tech Outpost 7 -Dant Pirate

Offline benrogers

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 14-02-17, 20:38:06 »
i need lots of help im on pc and i dont know how to download it? it says its downloaded but only on notpad and also it says that the installer package isnt available please help?????

Offline phsyco

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 05-03-17, 22:15:42 »
I can not get any of the downloads to work. I've tried what I can think of but after they download I can't open them.... :/

Offline lasod

• Advisor
  • Force: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 06-03-17, 00:40:36 »
I can not get any of the downloads to work. I've tried what I can think of but after they download I can't open them.... :/

need to unzip them

- screw you photobucket im not paying

Offline phsyco

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 06-03-17, 01:30:40 »
I tried but there was no unzip option in my drop down menu

I think I may have figured it out though. I had to double click the launcher update inside the zipped file and then it gave me  a warning saying it depended on other files and asked if I wanted to un-compress them all. So.. it looks like the launcher is updating now. 

Offline gothor

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 10-03-17, 20:57:48 »
Ok i was scratching my head about this problem that it was just hang at the connection screen call me a big noob but i fix it i downloaded the new login.cfg thing but it came out login.cfg.txt so all i did was click once on the login.cfg.txt and deleted the txt part so that it was just login.cfg and it works now jesus im such a noob but here is what fix my ty.

Offline jhfurnish

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 22-08-17, 17:50:23 »
I can't download the launcher at all, and when I look at the files, it won't let me extract nor download them.  All I can get is a view file that can't be recovered.  Is there some other way to get the launcher?