Sticky Topic

Author Topic: SB - Launcher [Updated 1-12-17]  (Read 19265 times)

Offline wrawsasso

• Community Member
  • Force: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Stella Bellum - Official Launcher
« Reply #60 on: 07-01-17, 15:25:15 »
Hello, just downloaded the client and I have this error on launch :(Windows 10 x64)

System.MissingMethodException: Méthode introuvable : 'Boolean STELLA.SWG.Launcher.Service.Services.IFileService.CreateNewFolder(System.String, System.String)'.
   à STELLA.Launcher.View.Views.frmLauncherMain.CallInstallBrowse()
   à STELLA.Launcher.View.Views.frmLauncherMain.LauncherIntiate()
   à STELLA.Launcher.View.Views.frmLauncherMain.frmLauncherMain_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   à System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
    Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
STELLA.Launcher.View
    Version de l'assembly : 1.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase : file:///C:/SWG/STELLA.Launcher.View.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
STELLA.SWG.Launcher.Service
    Version de l'assembly : 1.0.0.0
    Version Win32 : 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase : file:///C:/SWG/STELLA.SWG.Launcher.Service.DLL
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
Microsoft.mshtml
    Version de l'assembly : 7.0.3300.0
    Version Win32 : 7.0.3300.0
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.mshtml/7.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.mshtml.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase : file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

Offline Silent Guardian

• SWG Ensign
  • Force: 108
    • View Profile
    • http://i.imgur.com/XPG8FNq.png
« Reply #61 on: 07-01-17, 21:08:04 »
If you have an issue with the launcher, please download the latest version here and replace all patcher files (make sure it is in a separate folder and not your SWG folder)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2s4TwN25VclNTZBMURZRFJsYjA

The issue seems to be related to the update program not updating the patcher properly. I got above error too, and fixed it by replacing it with all files from the archive.
« Last Edit: 07-01-17, 22:23:13 by Silent Guardian »

Offline Jedisoldier

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 12
  • “Laugh it up, fuzzball!”
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 07-01-17, 22:10:36 »
If you have an issue with the launcher, please download the latest version here and replace all files:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2s4TwN25VclNTZBMURZRFJsYjA

The issue seems to be related to the update program not updating the patcher properly. I got above error too, and fixed it by replacing it with all files from the archive.

I did this one, and once downloaded it went into my files, which I had to dig into to find it and never placed any desktop icon. Any way to get it to create one with out having to dig. I have some in the guild who I will never be able to help

Offline astav

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 07-01-17, 23:45:25 »
When I click on the RAR file to download the launcher it takes me to the page to begin the download when I click to download it opens another page saying unable to connect. I downloaded the proper .Net file as well already.

Offline Jedisoldier

• Beta Tester
  • Force: 12
  • “Laugh it up, fuzzball!”
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 08-01-17, 00:56:51 »
each time I log in, everything resets itself. Each time I run the launcher it downloads everything again and resets my settings and I see my characters in old brown dresses. with no locations next to their name. Am I doing something wrong? I am able to get in but its as if each log in is my first ever log in.

Offline othnar

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 08-01-17, 14:35:15 »
The launcher was working great for me and now it just hangs on "Running Zues - Check Hash and File Integrity, Please Wait"  And that is it, just sits there. Is there something wrong with it?

Same here :(

Offline Aowin

• Advisor
  • Force: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 08-01-17, 14:40:34 »
The launcher was working great for me and now it just hangs on "Running Zues - Check Hash and File Integrity, Please Wait"  And that is it, just sits there. Is there something wrong with it?

Same here :(
Both of you likely have the old version of the launcher. I had this issue until I downloaded the new one. The issue quickly went away after I replaced the files of the old launcher with the new launcher.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

First Daggerfall Emperor of Cyrodiil on Bloodthorn Campaign in ESO (2014):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2juurXQyAtQ

Voted best PvP Light Side Jedi and Melee PvPer on Shadowfire in SWG (2009, 2010)

Offline m1k3hunt

• Community Member
    • View Profile
Thanks Damos. I can finally get back in and continue the rise of Darth Insidious

Offline EvilPaintballer

• Community Member
    • View Profile
Where did my macros go????

Offline lintpreslar

• Community Member
    • View Profile
Is the launcher supposed to be missing?

Offline danedar

• Community Member
    • View Profile
Re: SB - Launcher [Updated 1-10-17]
« Reply #70 on: 11-01-17, 17:42:59 »
I was able to play the last time the server was up but now i cant seem to get it to load it is stuck on that hash thing and i tried moving the luncher to a new folder please can someone help i am a old swg player from when it first cam out and been hoping for it to come back alive and now that i got about a 2 hr taste of it before the servers went down and now i cant log in again is the worste feeling please help
Hey everyone, it's here and just in time for the great adventure that lays ahead!

Stella Bellum Launcher is a new and very improved utility that will allow us to directly update and make any changes we want to the client. It will act as a central hub for all client needs and is crucial in being able to stay connected to the Stella Bellum development roadmap.

The launcher will need work, as everything else we do, we do with a lot of pride but with a very tight schedule and so the launcher is equipped with a starting utility that will always keep it up to date. This will allow us to improve performance, add features, add new information and additional security measures to help combat cheating activities

Download:

Rar Archive Build 3.1 (1-7-17)
ZIP Archive Build 3.1 (1-7-17)

The installer package is currently not available.

FAQ

Q. It's not working...
A1. Make sure you have the proper .Net libraries installed (4.6.1). You can download them from Microsoft here
A2. Make sure all the files are included such as the patcher utility and the needed library files
A3. Don't be trying anything funny, it's very tamper proof and will cut at any weird instance not regulated.

Q. It's deleting its own files or getting stuck on hashing..
A. Please make sure the launcher is not located within the SWG location that it is updating too. This causes a confliction and will error out the launcher.
Make sure the launcher is in a personal folder or location apart from the SWG Location.

Q. My Anti-virus is blocking my launcher / launcher update.
A. Sorry, it is extremely hard to fix issues with free or garbage anti-viruses tools. The launcher fires a lot of IO operations and taps into Windows API for graphics, it also requires an elevated account, these things can cause over-sensitive anti-viruses to call a false positive. Please disable or add the launcher and its file to proper exception list.

Q. Why can't I run the launcher exe directly?
A. The launcher requires a handshake from the patching utility, this enforces launcher updates and to make sure that people are getting the latest revision. It also is a strong anti-tamper mechanism that will allow us to keep people from messing with the launcher functionality.

Q.  The repair icon causes me to crash... wtf?
A. Right now, the launcher is a highly threaded application due to its complex functionality and processing needs. If you are trying to run the repair too while it's already patching, sometimes it may surface a async bug that will cause it to brick. We're working to get as many of the bugs rolled out.

Q. Do I need the launcher to run my client?
A. Not at this moment but in feature releases, it will be crucial to utilize the launcher for the latest patches. These patches are coming very soon so I wouldn't get comfortable working out of an extracted rar folder...

Q. The live server is shown as 'online' but I can't play yet?
A. The launcher is simply reading a placeholder file on our server, it is not updated and not displaying the actual server status (yet)!

Q. I set my game settings after updating but they didn't apply?
A. Run the SwgClientSetup_r.exe by itself and try again, the launcher just runs this tool initially...

Q. How do I submit bug reports?
A. Please use the following template(below) when submitted bug reports to Damo via Discord or Private Message.

Account:
RAM:
CPU:
GPU:
Exception Info / Dump (if avail):
Status @ Crashed:
Notes:

Anything not utilizing that template will be flat out ignored.

Unable to connect? Make sure your login.cfg in the SWG directory looks like this:
Code: [Select]
[Station]
    subscriptionFeatures=1
    gameFeatures=65535

[ClientGame]
    loginServerPort0=44453
    loginServerAddress0=beta.stellabellum.net

Offline Silent Guardian

• SWG Ensign
  • Force: 108
    • View Profile
    • http://i.imgur.com/XPG8FNq.png
« Reply #71 on: 11-01-17, 20:58:38 »
If you kept it within the SWG folder it will delete itself. The launcher folder needs to be separate.

Offline kakei

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 11-01-17, 21:07:24 »
If you kept it within the SWG folder it will delete itself. The launcher folder needs to be separate.

But to clarify - (everything works so I'm assuming its working correctly) The launcher and its file exist in a separate folder elsewhere from the SWG directory... Ran the Stella.Launcher.updater .exe and it seemed to update all the patch files, and automatically redirect the executable in the SWG folder. (SWGClient_R.exe) When i originally downloaded this, the SB Launcher tutorial stated there was an installation process. However It didn't "install" or create any directories for SB Launcher. So everything seems to be working perfectly fine - it just installed quite differently than the SB guide advised it would.

Regardless i'm having an incredible time and an incredible blast of nostalgia flying around. Great work and Cheers!
Kakei Oiricap
Kettemoor Vet since Launch
Obsidian  Dagger Squadron <ODS>

Offline wildcyndaquil

• Community Member
    • View Profile
Re: SB - Launcher [Updated 1-12-17]
« Reply #73 on: 13-01-17, 20:39:51 »
Update: I fixed it. i moved 2.1 and 3.1 into the 1.1 folder and over wrote the old data.

OLD: Mine has been saying "Running Zues" since 2.1. How can i Fix this. I can launch and play the game through the exe in the stella Bellum folder but cant update through the launcher
« Last Edit: 14-01-17, 20:54:13 by wildcyndaquil »

Offline freddddie2

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 14-01-17, 16:01:27 »
hello!

I was trying to download the launcher, & it won't let me...
Please advise?
I'd really like to try your Stella Bellum server!

Regards,

Freddddie2

Offline wildcyndaquil

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: 14-01-17, 20:51:29 »
stuck on checking configuration. Its been there for awhile. Roughly an hour. Any fixes?

Offline JekVanno

• SWG Petty Officer
  • Force: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 14-01-17, 21:17:28 »
A question from someone whose launcher is working perfectly.
I see the fixes and tweaks to the launcher that keep happening to tune it up (latest looks like 1/7/17).  Is my launcher already updating itself on these new changes or should I be downloading and installing the newest versions?

Thanks for all the hard work.  It's easy to get lost in playing and reliving the game, but most of us don't forget that it didn't just appear out of thin air.
[TC Ingame] Jek Vanno and Replicant-VII    [Offers] Dantooine Pirate Outpost

[copy/paste]   /way orange dantooine 1228 -6132 Tech Outpost 7 -Dant Pirate

Offline ceman

• Community Veteran
  • Force: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 15-01-17, 02:09:01 »
do we have to use the launcher to update? or can we download the updates and manually install them and continue to launch directly from the swg.exe in my directory for sb?

Offline Enthor

• Sr. Community Member
  • Force: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 15-01-17, 19:38:28 »
Everything runs very smoothly.  I've pretty excited for Live, get a little tired of the jits hanging around Eisley dueling around the frog.

Offline Enthor

• Sr. Community Member
  • Force: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 15-01-17, 19:39:29 »
Everything runs very smoothly.  I'm pretty excited for Live, get a little tired of the jits hanging around Eisley dueling around the frog.